Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature Feature #8: Marketing
So I've decided to merge our weekly reviews and our Feature Features. It saves me time so I can work on the game more!

This week we announced our open beta date. The video had a little audio issues which we will have worked out by the time we release another video. We've been smoothing out some bugs on all fronts(audio/code/art), as of right now the game is fairly stable and kinda fun! Which is always a plus. If you liked Detroit or Old Timer you'll be pleased with GearCity. Smile

I recently started working on the racing system. Hopefully it'll be finished and stable by the time beta is launched.

Feature Feature #8: Marketing

Marketing is probably the single most important piece in any successful automotive company. How can people buy what they don't know exists? Marketing gets your product in front of its consumers. It shapes and molds the consumer's thoughts and persuades them to choose your vehicles over a competitor's.

[Image: ff8t_010.jpg]
Marketing system is located on the world map.

[Image: ff8t_001.jpg]
Click on the city that you're going to do marketing in.

[Image: ff8t_002.jpg]
The marketing window will come up. This will tell you how much you're spending and in what media you're spending it. The buttons on top allow you to alter spending in that form of media. The choice are in order: Newspaper, Billboards, Magazines, Sports, Events, Radio (>1922), TV (>1950), Internet(>1990), and Miscellaneous.

[Image: ff8t_003.jpg]
After selecting which media you wish to adjust, you'll be met with an expanded screen. To the left you will see you models of vehicle and "Broad Base" Broad base or blanket advertising covers generic advertisements for your brand. If you click on a specific model you can adjust marketing for it. The slider on the right allows you to set a reasonable budget for your marketing efforts during that time period. If you wish something higher just type it in.

[Image: ff8t_005.jpg]
I think our budgets are all set!

[Image: ff8t_008.jpg]
Remember to hire a marketing staff!

[Image: ff8t_006.jpg]
If we wanted to adjust all our marketing budgets or even fill all our marketing staff positions, we can use the quick computing menu in the office to do all the work for us!

Until next time!

Questions Comments: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=291
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski