Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] GearCity 1.20 Thoughts
Played about 10 hours of 1.20 in 1900's early game. First time I've played for a while. Good build.

- Few instances of receiving a "new contracts" news item, but no contracts appear in RnD
- Early game contracts heavily weighted (to me at least) towards unobtainable Ship Engines
- Suggest review maximum length and width dimensions of engine contracts - seem very harsh
- Can't remember the exact name of the line - "warranties and breakages" on the revenue screen? Far too harsh for minimal drop in quality on large scale production production
- Would it be possible for the "change per quarter" section in RnD to update when the slider is moved?

No issues with performance. Competition weighted well.
I split this into it's own thread, otherwise it would get lost. Progress thread is for my work progress not bugs or suggestions. I never check the progress threads after the versions are completed. We're already a week into v1.21.

Quote:- Few instances of receiving a "new contracts" news item, but no contracts appear in RnD
Most likely because you don't have branches located in the cities where the contracts are. Read the memo more closely Wink

Quote:- Early game contracts heavily weighted (to me at least) towards unobtainable Ship Engines
- Suggest review maximum length and width dimensions of engine contracts - seem very harsh
To be fair, airplanes, tanks, etc do not exist yet. The only things really available pre-ww1 are ships, and they have big engines. In any event, contracts will be revised in v1.23. And starting skills will be adjustable in one of the versions post 1.21 (Could be 1.22, 1.23, or 1.24, I forget.)
Quote:- Can't remember the exact name of the line - "warranties and breakages" on the revenue screen? Far too harsh for minimal drop in quality on large scale production production
What's the quality of your vehicles? What difficulty are you playing on? Over time these will turn into revenues after the warranties expire.

Quote:- Would it be possible for the "change per quarter" section in RnD to update when the slider is moved?
Maybe, But I think if it were possible it would already be that way. I will make a ticket to look into it again.

Quote:No issues with performance. Competition weighted well.
Good to hear, and I'm glad you're enjoying this build!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski