Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racing too powerful? Join with more than 1 Team?
I enjoy beeing rewarded for racing yet it think in it's current state it's too powerful since you hardly need to do anything else once you've been able to set full funds to the racing series.

I set full funds to racing in all available series in 1905 which is making me about 4-6 million $ profit per round in 1919.

---

And: do you think it would be feasible to join racing series with more than one team (if you have more than one marques of course). Would take some money out of the company, creating more competition within the series.

More clutter... i got a run.
(04-12-2016, 12:15 PM)Cerberus23 Wrote: I enjoy beeing rewarded for racing yet it think in it's current state it's too powerful since you hardly need to do anything else once you've been able to set full funds to the racing series.
The major problem is the AI. I plan on addressing it for 1.20 (The build after the coming 1.19.3 stock changes build.)

The AI uses what is a "State Driven Agent" meaning that each task an AI does is a separate state. The AI has a state for designing vehicles and a state for starting race team. The only time the AI builds a vehicle/engine/etc is in that Design Vehicle State. In there, it focuses mainly on building the best car it can for consumers in a market.

See what where the problem is? A consumer car has to cut corners (even sports cars) to be viable in the consumer market, whereas a race car needs to focus purely on performance. Maxed out sliders, costs be damned.

So I believe I'll be adding a car designer to the Racing AI State. Hopefully this will not slow the game down too much. I will probably also be adding an New Game setting allowing you to adjust the number of racing series. Currently there are too many for my 8 year old CPUs, probably too many for most people as well.

Quote:I set full funds to racing in all available series in 1905 which is making me about 4-6 million $ profit per round in 1919.
Is this including the ones you have to submit vehicles to? It does sound a bit much, I'll probably need to nerf the winnings. (I think it increases slightly with each new team added.)

Quote:And: do you think it would be feasible to join racing series with more than one team (if you have more than one marques of course). Would take some money out of the company, creating more competition within the series.

More clutter... i got a run.

It has been suggested before, and it's on my "look at list." It might even be in a ticket. Anyway, If I ever do a 3rd major overhaul of the Racing systems/GUI it may work its way in. But at this stage, it's unlikely.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(04-12-2016, 12:15 PM)Cerberus23 Wrote: I set full funds to racing in all available series in 1905 which is making me about 4-6 million $ profit per round in 1919.

(04-12-2016, 10:16 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Is this including the ones you have to submit vehicles to? It does sound a bit much, I'll probably need to nerf the winnings. (I think it increases slightly with each new team added.)

Competing in all displayed series.

Expenditures

Revenues

That's a tough balance you got to find between content and performance. You think it might be a viable idea to choose one of these options when you start a new game? Whether you'd like to play a performance optimized game which misses some content for the sake of turntimes or a content heavy game which lacks performance turntimes wise. I personally don't care about turn-times and with the MRW Mod i'm using they're taking quite long. But in my case i'm adjusting a ton of things in between turns and never made it beyond the year 1935 (if i remember right) yet played your game about 700 hours Rolleyes But having a lot of content or in the MRW Mod case many real companies to compete with just adds so much atmosphere to the game that i can't help.
(04-12-2016, 11:13 PM)Cerberus23 Wrote: [quote='Cerberus23' pid='7567' dateline='1460481338']
I set full funds to racing in all available series in 1905 which is making me about 4-6 million $ profit per round in 1919.

(04-12-2016, 10:16 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Is this including the ones you have to submit vehicles to? It does sound a bit much, I'll probably need to nerf the winnings. (I think it increases slightly with each new team added.)

Competing in all displayed series.

Expenditures

Revenues

Quote:That's a tough balance you got to find between content and performance. You think it might be a viable idea to choose one of these options when you start a new game?
It'd work much like how you set starting AI strength etc. With a slider in the "Advanced" settings when starting a new game. It would simply cut out smaller series, smallest to largest.

Quote:But having a lot of content or in the MRW Mod case many real companies to compete with just adds so much atmosphere to the game that i can't help.
No content will be removed. It will be adjustable.

Your issue is probably with the MRW mod and the aforementioned AI's choices in race vehicles/engines.

With the mod you have 3x more teams racing than in default. Which would lead to higher victory purses. This combined with the fact that you pretty much automatically win due to the AI's choices and that's why you get so much money. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(04-13-2016, 11:31 AM)Eric.B Wrote: It'd work much like how you set starting AI strength etc. With a slider in the "Advanced" settings when starting a new game. It would simply cut out smaller series, smallest to largest.

Sounds reasonable. Maybe this would work in favor of turntimes for some?

Quote:With the mod you have 3x more teams racing than in default. Which would lead to higher victory purses. This combined with the fact that you pretty much automatically win due to the AI's choices and that's why you get so much money. Smile

I think there have been at least 4-5 teams in most of the series and around 15-20 in the larger ones, yes.