Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lobbyism
I enjoy having something like that ingame, yet - there should be a downside to lobbyism since it's not always money to "persuade" politicians into making the right decisions to save money. Sometimes it's to "persuade" politicians into making wrong or questionable decisions cause they the company would benefit from them.

This should go hand in hand with the public perception of the company.

So assumed you set funds for you lobbyist (so he can save you money wherever it's legally possible) you might also disable or enable checkboxes to guide his efforts into different directions. So he might be able to influence:

[ ] executive authority
[ ] legislative power

[ ] public relations activities

While this could go unnoticed by the public most of the time (and just save you money) there might occur situations where the public is unhappy (or happy from public relations activities) with your lobbying efforts towards these categories (could be an undefined inbox message or newspaper article saying "People are un/happy with the late lobbying efforts of "Your company here" - Image and Sustainability has taken a "massive, modest, etc." hit / gain.).

As i mentioned in the Electric & Hydrogen (& Hybrid) Thread i'd suggest to implement a new Prestige category: Sustainability.

This category could be affected by these events too.

Thanks for reading all this clutter Smile
I don't think we'll be adding a PR, however I do believe when Office redesign comes around, it will be slightly adjusted to be lobbying and legal budget. Then the lobbying budget will effect lawsuits. (Which we're slowly getting more of.)

As for public perspective of lobbying. At least in the US, If done properly no one sees it or knows about it. Everyone does it, and the public doesn't give it a second thought. (Unless it's some kind of major scandal.)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(04-13-2016, 11:39 AM)Eric.B Wrote: As for public perspective of lobbying. At least in the US, If done properly no one sees it or knows about it. Everyone does it, and the public doesn't give it a second thought. (Unless it's some kind of major scandal.)

Which could take a negative impact on the companies image.

As for Germany we get pretty good informations about lobbyism and the effects on our economy and society from certain sides.

All just suggestions. Smile