Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exporting data
Hi all!
I know I'm late to this party but loving the game. I did search the forum for these suggestions and could not find any, so here goes.

The data supplied in the user defined reports each turn is a fantastic view and are invaluable in helping to make decisions.

However, being the numbers geek that i am I would like to suggest the ability to be able to export the report data either directly from the game or from a file created on my PC from the game. Without this capability it is pretty limiting to any in-depth analysis. Perhaps there are already files created each turn with this data put somewhere on my PC that I would be able to import and use, but if so those files are not readily apparent to me. Smile

An analogy for me is it's like being able to look at paint colors (the report data) but not being able to use and mix those paints (off-line analysis) to paint a picture (monthly company decisions).

I'd be more than willing to work on / with creating downloadable spreadsheets / functions for anyone not familiar with excel if others saw value in that.

Just my two cents. Awesome game, addictive, keep doing what you are doing!
Actually it has been suggested before, but on the Steam forums. Smile

Version 1.21 will have a complete redesign of the reports/charting system. The goal is to move the reports to html (webpages) and view the reports inside a web browser, inside the game. This will allow the data to be viewable and useable outside the game (also anywhere in the game.) Plus the added benefit of better looking reports, more data, etc.

I'm not sure how flexible the new system will be. But it will be more flexible than the current system.

From there, it may be possible to export to csv format for you to load into excel. But that's not a high priority.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski