Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Things to add Flavour
1. Government Vehicle Contracts
Contracts for embassy vehicles (Lux Sedans, Limo's of high quality in small numbers + Good boost to rep if possible)
Contracts for government, much the same as above but in higher numbers and slightly lesser quality.

2. Civil Construction Vehicle Contracts
Utes, Jeeps, Vans for construction projects / companies in decent to smallish numbers normally with lackluster quality and cheap.

3. Black Paint - We only seem to go to Dark Grey at the moment. (Unless im blind)

4. Static Engine - Engine Contracts
Ie. for water pumps, oil pumps, generators etc.. going from small (1-5hp) general light use (in massive numbers) to massive engines for pump stations. (in small numbers)
(01-25-2016, 03:59 AM)WolveNZ Wrote: 1. Government Vehicle Contracts
Contracts for embassy vehicles (Lux Sedans, Limo's of high quality in small numbers + Good boost to rep if possible)
Contracts for government, much the same as above but in higher numbers and slightly lesser quality.
I believe this already exists, if not it's a simple flag in the components.xml file

Quote:2. Civil Construction Vehicle Contracts
Utes, Jeeps, Vans for construction projects / companies in decent to smallish numbers normally with lackluster quality and cheap.
Likewise I believe this already exist as well, although the "construction" fluff isn't probably added. When I do contract redesign I'm probably going to stick the fluff outside to be edited (if it isn't already)

Quote:3. Black Paint - We only seem to go to Dark Grey at the moment. (Unless im blind)
Black is rather difficult with our current materials. I plan on playing around with it to see if we can get more of a blackish color without losing details. No guarantee though.

Quote:4. Static Engine - Engine Contracts
Ie. for water pumps, oil pumps, generators etc.. going from small (1-5hp) general light use (in massive numbers) to massive engines for pump stations. (in small numbers)

I believe there are generators already, so I would just need to add more fluff to text, no gameplay changes.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(01-25-2016, 01:47 PM)Eric.B Wrote:
(01-25-2016, 03:59 AM)WolveNZ Wrote: 1. Government Vehicle Contracts
I believe this already exists, if not it's a simple flag in the components.xml file

Quote:2. Civil Construction Vehicle Contracts
Likewise I believe this already exist as well, although the "construction" fluff isn't probably added. When I do contract redesign I'm probably going to stick the fluff outside to be edited (if it isn't already)

Quote:3. Black Paint - We only seem to go to Dark Grey at the moment. (Unless im blind)
Black is rather difficult with our current materials. I plan on playing around with it to see if we can get more of a blackish color without losing details. No guarantee though.

Quote:4. Static Engine - Engine Contracts

I believe there are generators already, so I would just need to add more fluff to text, no gameplay changes.

Vehicle contracts are not yet editable:
http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2843
But for what I was thinking, you would need some more flags rather than just what we currently have. (to define specific ratings for smoothness, reliability etc..)

Concerning Engine Contracts, we don't currently have any constrictions concerning layout nor do we have any fields to represent layout, production numbers or description in the components.xml

Concerning Paint, Im guessing its just the "CarBase_Orange#.dds" etc.. in the Cars.zip? (as defined in the paint.material file)
Might have a play around if I can get a nice black when I have a hour or so free.
(01-26-2016, 01:09 AM)WolveNZ Wrote: Vehicle contracts are not yet editable:
http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2843
Quite right, I forget things sometimes. It's on the todo list then.

Quote:Concerning Paint, Im guessing its just the "CarBase_Orange#.dds" etc.. in the Cars.zip? (as defined in the paint.material file)
Might have a play around if I can get a nice black when I have a hour or so free.
You are correct. Here is some reading material to help you with making materials: http://www.ogre3d.org/docs/manual/manual...al-Scripts
http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Materials

If you come up with anything good, lemme know, I might work it into the game. Our artist is supposed to look into materials eventually, but he's got so much on his plate.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski