Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine Icons
- See attached image.

Now, once you get a stage in the game, a dozen years in or so it can get pretty confusing sorting through your engines (even with a proper naming system)

Now, what if we had little icons next to the engine to show their layout and number of pistons.

Wouldn't that be cool? (If possible)

Also, having little Icons for cars (based on the default model of course) would also be pretty neato.

Note:
I just whipped up these little engines in like 15min or something, trying to keep as close in design as the layout pictures - I only did a quick outline of the Straight on the highlighted engine and the scale/lighting is pretty nasty.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Due to the limitations of the GUI system we use, we can't mix and match images and text.

In fact we can't even do columns, all the text list are done in old school mono font with fixed amount of whitespace between them...

So sadly this can't be done unless we rewrite pretty much the entire game.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
If you have capacity for special characters would it be possible to have a custom font that had the same kinda thing (Or even just the engine - front on to show layout)?
(01-17-2016, 12:19 AM)WolveNZ Wrote: If you have capacity for special characters would it be possible to have a custom font that had the same kinda thing (Or even just the engine - front on to show layout)?

Possible, but we don't have the ability to mix and match fonts. So it would have to be embedded inside any fonts used in the game. The current font covers many languages but not all. Some languages have to use different fonts, thus it becomes difficult to maintain.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski