Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
King Cars - hard difficulty (with small tutorial steps at the start)
1908:

Year 1908 begins with a new playing session for myself and, as often, I thought about my current gaming projects during the short moments of silence my girlfriend granted me.

I'm not too happy about the current state of the company. Yes, we are world market share leader and yes, we most likely have the best assets (mostly due to our factories) and make the most profit.
Problem is, I don't think this same course will keep the company alive during hard times like war or economical problems. The fact it will others harder doesn't fix the situation. Therefor I see two resolutions: First one is to shrink the company down. I don't think this will work as sales per vehicle type are low. Second one is to expand our portfolio and offer a car in basically every possible type section. As we already have the factories even low sale numbers can make up for the action as long as development is cheap enough and sale numbers are not way too low.

By the way: I'd appreciate every feedback, being it positive or negative, being it about the AAR itself or CEO and design decisions inside this AAR!

Mid 1907 the decision was made to expand further. Branches were opened in Tokyo, Osaka and Sydney for the Pacific Area and Buenos Aires, Santiago de Chile and Rio de Janeiro for South America. Car prices are noticably higher in these regions to cover for the high transport costs. There is also a factory lock for the nearest factory (South America and Sydney this is North America, Japan can choose as Europe and NA have nearly the same distance). Due to the fact we again used the smallest possible branch a single sold luxury vehicle will cover the monthly expenses while giving us an image start in these regions.

The branches in London and New York were redesigned to 100/100 quality but I haven't seen any effect on this so far.

In early August 1907 we cancelled our first car from order lists, the Phaeton. It was replaced some months earlier with the Phaeton 1909 and all reserves were sold while there was no fleet contract or anything else left. The model was also officially discontinued from models our factories prepare to produce. Over the course of time it sold ok and generated a bit of profit, however, as our first mass produced vehicle it was important to make people familiar with the King Cars brand.
[Image: iwthmh6f.jpg]

Current savegame is attached to this post. I'll edit and expand this post tomorrow when I'm back at my own place.

Before 1908 ended we introduced another car, the Full Size Van.
[Image: i3pzt7n3.png]

The FS Van won the GCM car of the world award. Ok, no idea why, but I'll take it. Lots of other awards also went in for our products.

Last action was to replace the production of the Landaulet with the facelift model. The facelift Phaeton 1909 brought in huge sale numbers (up to 350 cars per month) compared to what we had before.

That's the fleet contract per month list of end 1908:
86x Sedan Fleet
11x Coupe 2+2
32x Full Size Sedan
39x Pickup Fleet
270x Pickup Fleet HP

Attached Files
.7z   Curse1.7z (Size: 2.32 MB / Downloads: 425)

Messages In This Thread
RE: King Cars - hard difficulty (with small tutorial steps at the start) - by Curse - 01-11-2016, 08:43 AM