Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
King Cars - hard difficulty (with small tutorial steps at the start)
1920-1921:

1920 was a slow year and we struggled a bit due to our enourmous spendings in RnD and factory construction. No month with losses but profit dropped sometimes below $1.000.000 per month.

With the introduction of several new vehicles end 1920 and early 1921 things finally changed: We're now at about 9 to 10 Millions profit per month with lots of markets still unserved, like Asia except Japan or everything east of Vienna and Stockholm in Europe.

Currently we have two models that sell way aboe 1000 units per month, our Sedan:
[Image: xom8r9wy.png]

And our Phaeton:
[Image: jotnlkzu.png]

As you may notice the names changed a bit. That's simply because I try to match them in this game with my fun-noob-easy-game I mentioned in the first post. Downside is I have to use an Excel sheet again as I can't remember what kind of car XY is and where it is produced... First world problems, I know.

Due to the fact vehicles start to repeat themselves, as I mostly do facelifts, I only post new or extraordinary vehicles here. I'll add the savegame to this post so whoever wants can go and look the rest up themselve.

This is our Minivan, Europe (that actually sells bad in Europe as most Minivans do):
[Image: zn9habcg.png]

And that's the Shooting Brake, Queen Anne. Somehow people love purchasing this thing:
[Image: homfnelb.png]

That's the sale figures for May 1921:
[Image: lwnhin5v.png]

We're massively out of production capacity in Europe for another 3 months when the new 100/100 London factory comes online.

I'm still not sure how bad the next crisis might be so there have not been an order for a 3rd US and/or a 3rd Europe plant yet. I'm also thinking about a small South American factory, maybe through purchase of a competitor.

As King Cars produces expensive cars I don't see a point in expanding way further into Asia and South America. Of course we could target the rich as an audience and that would work, however, I feel this would make the game easier as the landaulet and limousines (as well as the luxury sedan and a possible sports car) already add a good share to revenue and profit.

Of course I also don't plan to start to produce cheap cars just to make them affordable in the 2nd and 3rd world. Maybe with a marque in some decades if we're still around by then.

Oh, fun fact:
When we took over Cadillac some years ago they had over 8000 (!) cars in stock. Since then I try to sell them for a very cheap price but the pile up is still massive. Maybe I should have reported that as a bug?

Attached Files
.7z   Curse1.7z (Size: 6.98 MB / Downloads: 384)
(01-14-2016, 11:10 AM)Curse Wrote: Oh, fun fact:
When we took over Cadillac some years ago they had over 8000 (!) cars in stock. Since then I try to sell them for a very cheap price but the pile up is still massive. Maybe I should have reported that as a bug?

AI is going to get a lot of work in 1.19.2 to fix issues like this. Wink
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
1922:

Many years later than planned a dedicated racing car is in development. We want to win races with this but also offer it to customers for a very high price tag as production costs are extreme.
It's called the King Cars Ace:
[Image: 2rw64vqb.png]

King Cars branches are now back in Poland and some more US cities like Jacksonville. The Soviet Union is still in war...

As money has no use in high inflation years I wanted to reinvest. Biggest competitor on the sedan market in the US was a japanese manufacturer called Datsun. We took him over and got a Tokyo factory that wasn't abysmal. Just 5 production lines but an ok tech, so the Asia expansion that was planned for the second half of the century underwent a test. Several small 0/0 branches were opened all over "Great Asia", as the district is called, and they can pull high price cars from the Tokyo factory like our landaulet or the limousine.

King Cars King, the new luxury sedan, arrived right on time for production in Asia. It'll be priced around $10.000 per unit to connect the super luxury segment with the rest.

Price list right now (mass market; Europe and North America):
landaulet -- $17.500
limousine -- $15.000
luxury sedan -- $9.750
full size sedan -- $5000
sedan -- $2500
phaeton -- $2000
compact car -- $2000
micro car -- $1600

I guess it's obvious we substitute the cheaper cars with the more expensive ones. Of course we don't make loss on them but takeovers, mass RnD, racing, the luxury to build 100/100 factories in advance - that's basically made possible thanks to our high margin products.

King Cars market share is around 25%.
(A cold and real life pulled me away from mass GearCity gaming, I'm sorry. I'll announce if this AAR is discontinued.)

1923-1924:

We gained 2x 100/100 factories from taking over competition, one in Indianapolis, one in Paris. As both cities are not this good for production and we already had one 100/100 factory under construction on each continent we sold them off as soon as our own factories were finished.

Right now King Airways makes about $30.000.000 profit per non-tax month.

To get a bit more pressure and market share we developed a trim for our sedan and the full size sedan. This has hurt our normal sales a bit but bottom line we're making more money from these two vehicle types. Right now it's not really possible to get the parts cheaper, therefor new development has slowed down a bit.

Next car we're going to replace is the MicroCar. The current design is by then 10 years old.

We're also losing grip on the fleet contracts. We're basically just winning those with a fixed amount of money as our competition offers crap for 1/4 of the price we must ask for just to cover the production costs. However, if the companies and governments wants to purchase bad quality - their choice.
1925:

In May 1925 we crossed $1Bn first time in company history. In today's money that would be $13.560,000,000,000.00.

(will be edited, current savegame added)

Attached Files
.7z   Curse1.7z (Size: 9.49 MB / Downloads: 406)
(01-21-2016, 02:23 PM)Curse Wrote: 1925:

In May 1925 we crossed $1Bn first time in company history. In today's money that would be $13.560,000,000,000.00.

You know with 1926 coming you might want to look into doing some mass model updates soon as with in the next 4 years some much more streamlined body styles come out you can get some nice performance gains and fuel economy gains, in my experience by lowering the height and cutting the roofs. Even if you Don't update any of the actual components just do a bit of modifying.

In 1926 alone the Kestrel (Sedan) and the Dictator (Luxury Sedan and Limo) come out, two of my Favorite styles in this game.

I can't wait to see what you come up with!
(01-21-2016, 02:23 PM)Curse Wrote: 1925:

Ford's first billion was in 1924... So you're almost as good... Wink
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Thanks for your posts, guys! I was a bit scared nobody would read this thread but then again it's still very good for me for comparison for future playthroughs. Wink

I'm not going to edit the short post above as some information might be lost, so here we go. It was mostly created as I had to transfer to my other flat for the weekend and uploading the savegame was faster than getting the USB stick from my keys... I'm way too lazy.

1926-1927:

Most customers don't like to purchase old car models - of course. We therefor see a drop in sales.

To counter this we started development of new vehicle models over the last months except Compact Cars, Mini Cars, Landaulet and Limousine, as parts to develop for those are not done yet as the old ones didn't meet up with our expectations.

As our research/component skills have reached 7x% we cut down research expenses completely. The 0.4 increase due to developed parts should get us high enough for the future.

That's our first automatic gearbox, designed for the new landaulet and limousine. There was no cost limit and we put all our skills into designing it:
[Image: rko36phe.jpg]

There are also two different engine options. Not sure if both will made it or if we just go for the FE (fuel efficiency) variant. I guess as we have production capacity flooding the market with two trims could be a good idea.
Engine Fuel Efficiency:
[Image: ryvuwnuv.jpg]

Engine High Power (HP):
[Image: jjdo2k4n.jpg]

And that's the planned chassis. The numbers are taken from a prototype, mass production might start in about 4 months:
[Image: 2jdlqr7k.jpg]

Of course our new landaulets and limousines will be noticably more expansive to produce, we expect a per unit increase of about 75%. However, that's ok. If the manufacturing costs are about $4500 and the sell price is $15.000 (Limousine) or $17.500 (Landaulet) we aren't becoming poor but and our customers still get the best cars available for money.
1928-1929:

As an example, here is a comparison between our old Full Size Van the month it went out of production versus it's successor the month it joined production:

Hero 1920:
[Image: 2jzxbxym.jpg]

Hero II, 1926:
[Image: q5mzz8ny.jpg]

Technically the Hero II is just a new model year as it's the most easy way for me to create a new car model (leave sliders mostly the same, just update chassis, engine, gearbox and maybe car model itself). 1926 is the year the design was made, introduction is later of course.

That's the look of our new Landaulet, 1926:
[Image: 68miwmrs.jpg]

As we're at the end of the black year 1929, here are some figures from the last statistical month of 1929 (November).
All time market share:
[Image: xeapbq8k.jpg]

Market share cars:
[Image: 5mpuftgx.jpg]

Competition overview:
[Image: 7ov35llp.jpg]

Cash on hands and bank are about $2.9bn, IPO would generate about $810 Millions. All new (1926/1927 designed) models are introduced now.

There was just a slight hit in sales due to the financial crisis, monthly profit is still way above $30 Millions per month.

Attached Files
.7z   Curse1.7z (Size: 10.97 MB / Downloads: 386)
I haven't posted in a while but, at least if the savegame is still working, I'm not finally done with it. It was just a very busy time. Smile