Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small note to the developer about a great game
Hello Eric,

I saw a short review of GearCity at one of the YouTube channels I follow (tom.io) some days ago, was just slightly interested, then somehow came back a day after and got it anyway from Steam (because we're hunters and gatherers and I suck at hunting, of course).

Think those two screenshots tell everything about my thoughts about GearCity now. Purchased the game on 2nd of January 2016 but had no time and interest to play until 3rd of January.
On 8th of January afternoon I'm at about 83 hours played that includes about 5-6 hours of idle time. Thanks for that great game. Whatever happens, I already had lots of fun and therefor return on investment and I'm just in 1922 in a non-final version with my first non-tutorial company.

I thought as a very forum active indie developer you might be interested to hear how your great game addicts somebody massively. Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Glad you're enjoying it! Just remember, it's only a game, Don't let it interfere with your real life. You'll regret it in the long run. Wink

I always thought about putting a warning in the game such as this:
[Image: warning.png]

On a side note, reviews on Steam are very helpful. If I keep above 80% positive it increases my sales by a few percentage points which helps me continue working on the game. *Cough* Rolleyes
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I thought about writing a review, however, I'm usually way too lazy.

Anyway, here is it and I genuinely hope it helps you. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Curse87/recommended/285110

Unfortunately I don't think I will follow your nonetheless good advise. I have 4 days of vacation left and I plan to use them for playing GearCity, especially as my girlfriend is around and while there is no multiplayer (yet) we enjoy making decisions together using the same screen. Wink It was actually her figuring out gearboxes are the key to fuel optimized vehicles, not my perfectly designed fuel efficiency engines...
Thanks!

Well I guess playing the game with your GF would qualify as quality time. Enjoy! (And be careful with that gun in the safe... Teddy might shoot you, and run off with your GF and the money!!!)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski