Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Can't get rid of components of aquired companies
I aquired several companies as I was in desperate need of factories without time to build them myself. However, I was not able to delete all their components (engines, chassis, gearboxes) as some of them seem to be "in use" even I hard deleted all their vehicles via the auto tool computer and "discontinue model".

The game tells me to use "discontinue models" to delete fleet contracted parts, however, the "discontinue models"-thing only works for vehicles, not fort parts. It seems the part I used for this example bug report is being used in a vehicle called "Jafnhar" or whatever, clearly a vehicle I have not designed by myself and it is not appearing in the "discontinue models"-list or anywhere else as far as I can see.

Therefor I can't delete the parts or at least not the way the game tells me to do so. I also thought time would fix that, but I have a part for years now that I can't get rid of and they really start to pile up my already filled lists... is there another way to get rid of them?

Screenshot is attached.
Link to Savegame (SK3.db , 46,6MB, Dropbox):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4le6zfmlo770mu/SK3.db?dl=0

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If you click on "View Engine" it'll show you the "View Part" window. On the right is the "Used In" list. This is all the vehicles that use the selected component.

So in the case of your picture. The 69hp Model E-D2. This engine is used in the 1916 Aquala Approver and the Jafnhar contract.

Now in the case of the Jafnhar contract. This is a contract owned by Doobuls, which you bought, but for some reason you did not inherit the contract. I'm going to fix that in the code right now.

Once that contract runs out. (Which it will in a few turns.) you'll be open to ending production of that component.

But yeah, anytime you run into something you can't end production of, click the "view" button and look in the upper right and it'll tell you what it's in. If anything is "Active" you won't be able to end production.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
And that issue with the contracts has been resolved! It'll be included in 1.19.1 or 1.20 depending on which branch you're on. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Thanks a lot!

I changed my brand to 1.19 Testing, so I should get the 1.19.1 Wink