Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emissions and Other Regulation
In this day and age, one of the most important things about cars are emission controls and crash standards as car manufacturers cannot sell vehicles in certain countries without meeting these standards.

Now, crash standards are something that are already partly represented with the safety rating for vehicles. We just need it so some countries at certain time periods will restrict the vehicles that can be sold if they don't meet the standards.

Emissions on the other hand would need the addition of an 'Emissions Control' slider and the type under Engines (Also exhaust systems would be good saying we have Turbo's and the sort, why not mufflers, converters and add-blue)

You may be thinking why this would be a good idea in the game (apart from realism) - but it would add another element to the strategy side.
Do you want to make safe, clean cars that are expensive that you can sell world wide?
Or do you want to make cheap cars that you can sell only on certain parts of the world.

This should help remove the almost-monopoly large cities have in the game (ie. London, NewYork, Berlin, Paris) and make the Eastern European, Asian, African and South American markets look better.
This has been brought up before.

As far as emissions are concerned, they'll be implemented if there is a multiplayer expansion. As of now I have no plans on adding anymore categories to the designer systems. On top of this I would have to do a lot of research to figure out the emission standards for all the cities in the game (Which are not finalized yet.) And figure out an easy method to restrict and inform players of these limitations without being too cumbersome. So for the single player game, most likely it's a no. (Although can't say never, I may implement long after development is finished when I'm bored... Assuming no multiplayer of course.)

For safety standards, I believe this add too much micro-managing to the game, so it probably won't happen.

Now as for large cities wealthy cities. I will probably be implementing some sort of "Minimum" value where if you start pricing cars too low no one will be interested in them. This already exist compared to the Unit Costs of a car and for the demographics (pricing a luxury car too low for instance will make it worse in the eyes of the consumer.) I would just need to implement the same linear scale on the bottom end based on the Percapita of the city. (Much like I have one on the upper end starting at 5x per capita.)

In some respects, this already exists with the used car system. At cheaper prices you're sales are going to be effected by used cars.

Also the AI is going to be vastly improved in 1.19.2, which should bring more competition with better vehicles to these large cities. Thus making it harder for you to compete and monopolize.

So in short, emissions is a good idea, and I may implement it someday, but it was suggested to me way late in development. (And stupid me totally overlooked it at the start of development even though the majority of my employment at the time was dealing with fixing emission systems... *Facepalm*) Hopefully sales continue to be good enough to justify implementing it.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski