Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I access all the contracts from the list?
Hello,

I used the search function ("contracts") but that wasn't successful unfortunately.

Every now and then there's a message about new contracts. As far as I observed I am able to apply for the first part of the list, the one that says something like we can apply (obviously...).

1) However, there is a second part of that list and I am not allowed to apply for those contracts. Why is that and how can I change it?

2) Also, is there a way to see/know the absolute financial limits the firms are willing to pay? Something like 300% max or so?

3) Must one pay shipping costs for contract produced products?

4) Engine contracts: I don't even try for contracts with 1-5 units per month as I can't see to make a profit out of that with factory running costs etc. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.
(01-08-2016, 08:32 PM)Curse Wrote: 1) However, there is a second part of that list and I am not allowed to apply for those contracts. Why is that and how can I change it?

Assuming you clicked Contracts in RnD or Contracts in the Phone in the office:

The list on the left is the available contracts. The list on the right is the contract requirements.

On the bottom right is the info panel, you should have a select button. If you click that, it should open up a new window with the engine or vehicles that meet the requirements. If no engine or vehicles meet the contract requirement, you'll get a "hey dummy" I mean "Hey Boss" message. (No one makes fun of their boss behind their back...)

Once you found the part you want to submit in that list, select it, then you'll be back to the old contract window. Some contracts have a "fixed" offer. On those just hit submit offer. You'll get a notice if you win or lose it in a few months. The other type you have to "bid." This is the total cost per unit. So be sure to factor in your unit costs (and for cars your labor and company overhead.)

Quote:2) Also, is there a way to see/know the absolute financial limits the firms are willing to pay? Something like 300% max or so?
Nope, otherwise everyone would just bid the highest. It's different for each contract. Don't rip them off. They'll know... There are also contracts without bidding process. Those tell you how much the customers are willing to pay.

Quote:3) Must one pay shipping costs for contract produced products?
Nope.

Quote:4) Engine contracts: I don't even try for contracts with 1-5 units per month as I can't see to make a profit out of that with factory running costs etc. Am I missing something?
Typically those are stuff like ships, they have a higher max bid amount. Thus allowing you to create 1000% margins. Works well if you can line up a few contracts with the same engines. (Which is exactly what real big boat companies do! )

Quote:Thanks for your help.
Welcome, and sorry for the late reply, got overloaded.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(01-09-2016, 01:11 AM)Eric.B Wrote:
(01-08-2016, 08:32 PM)Curse Wrote: 1) However, there is a second part of that list and I am not allowed to apply for those contracts. Why is that and how can I change it?

Assuming you clicked Contracts in RnD or Contracts in the Phone in the office:

The list on the left is the available contracts. The list on the right is the contract requirements.

On the bottom right is the info panel, you should have a select button. If you click that, it should open up a new window with the engine or vehicles that meet the requirements. If no engine or vehicles meet the contract requirement, you'll get a "hey dummy" I mean "Hey Boss" message. (No one makes fun of their boss behind their back...)

Once you found the part you want to submit in that list, select it, then you'll be back to the old contract window. Some contracts have a "fixed" offer. On those just hit submit offer. You'll get a notice if you win or lose it in a few months. The other type you have to "bid." This is the total cost per unit. So be sure to factor in your unit costs (and for cars your labor and company overhead.)

I think he means how the "New Contracts" message that you get in the ledger(? Correct word?) each month shows a list of contracts that are available for quote/tender and a list of new contracts world wide.

I *Think* this is linked to where you branches are located, ie. if you have a branches only in New Zealand you wont get anything from say, Sweden...

Else, its a bug
Thanks Eric for your explanation.

I just ignored the fact you must have a production line for a specific engine type, not for each contract. THAT makes sense, woah, I need to find this "tip thread" I read through yesterday. The 1000% margins worked not a single time in the engine business for me but now I know it's possible I'm going back to it and try. Hah! And yeah, they hate rip offs, they already cured me to make them proper offerings. Wink
Edit:
I actually have to assign a production line per contract, not per engine variant. I'll test it a bit further and may open a bug report then.

For 1), I was actually more thinking about this list, please see screenshot. I was with @WolveNZ and thought about needing a branch there, however, I now have branches basically everywhere in the world and I still can't access contracts on the list for cities I am involved for 10 or 15 years. Maybe actually not working as intended? I have branches in Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Portald, Rome, Denver, Sydney, Glasgow and London is even my company HQ. All branches there are 100% on both sliders.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-09-2016, 06:29 AM)Curse Wrote: I actually have to assign a production line per contract, not per engine variant. I'll test it a bit further and may open a bug report then.
We will be switching it to 1 per engine type in 1.23. Also will probably work in some sort of X number per month made, so you only have to run the line or ship all the engines at once.

Quote:For 1), I was actually more thinking about this list, please see screenshot. I was with @WolveNZ and thought about needing a branch there, however, I now have branches basically everywhere in the world and I still can't access contracts on the list for cities I am involved for 10 or 15 years. Maybe actually not working as intended? I have branches in Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Portald, Rome, Denver, Sydney, Glasgow and London is even my company HQ. All branches there are 100% on both sliders.
1) You have to have a branch in the city.
2) You can not be at war and they can not be at war.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Thanks for your fast reply.

Hum, then I don't know, as there is no war in the UK or US in 1924. :/
(01-09-2016, 01:31 PM)Curse Wrote: Thanks for your fast reply.

Hum, then I don't know, as there is no war in the UK or US in 1924. :/

Upload the save game and I'll take a look.
Thanks. The problem happens every time such a lists appears, there is no current one unfortunately but I guess you can see it anyway or just skip forward.

I sometimes get contracts in the top list (available) from the same city there were contracts in the bottom list (not available).

Attached Files
.7z   SK3.7z (Size: 5.18 MB / Downloads: 436)
(01-09-2016, 01:59 PM)Curse Wrote: Thanks. The problem happens every time such a lists appears, there is no current one unfortunately but I guess you can see it anyway or just skip forward.

I sometimes get contracts in the top list (available) from the same city there were contracts in the bottom list (not available).

You deleted the memo...

Checking the names from the bottom list with the top list. You'll see that the bottom list, list "all new contracts this quarter" this includes the ones you're available to bid on from the top list.

So you able to bid on all those Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Portald, Rome, Denver, Sydney, Glasgow and London contracts you see. Because they're in the top list...
Yeah, I played the game further and as I overwrite old savegames as I dislike the reload-cheat, the memo was already gone. Wink

However, I now see where you're coming from. The first sentence was, maybe it's because I'm not a native English speaker, what lead me to the conclusion the bottom list is totally different to the top one. I'll have an eye on that but I guess everything will be working perfectly now, thanks again for your patience and help.