Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update, missing tires, and crashes now.
I have been playing the game for a couple of weeks now after downloading from STEAM. Fun game.

I just got an update. Cannot continue my saved game after the update. Oh well, started again.

Designed chassis, engine, and gears. 8 months later, tried to design a vehicle.

There is no longer a tire or wheel option, and the game crashes when I bring up vehicle accessories.

Windows 10, NVidia 2GB Graphics card 8GB RAM.
(12-19-2015, 09:55 PM)loyalw Wrote: I have been playing the game for a couple of weeks now after downloading from STEAM. Fun game.

I just got an update. Cannot continue my saved game after the update. Oh well, started again.

Designed chassis, engine, and gears. 8 months later, tried to design a vehicle.

There is no longer a tire or wheel option, and the game crashes when I bring up vehicle accessories.

Windows 10, NVidia 2GB Graphics card 8GB RAM.

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't see this post as you posted in the wrong part of the site.

It sounds like you need to verify the game cache in Steam. It looks like you're missing some files or they're corrupted. If that does fix the issue then please send your log file after the crash (don't restart the game, it will overwrite the logs.) Here is how to do it:

To get the log files:
Right click the game in Steam.
Select Properties
Select the Local Files tab.
Then click the Browse Local Files button.
Open the GearCity folder,
The file name is Logfile.log and can attach it to a forum post or email it to my email address is admin@ventdev.com

(As for the tires, I believe since 1.18.4 the drop down box for accessories are now in alphabetical order, you'll have to scroll down to see them. This is assuming that the file isn't corrupted.)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Thanks! It all works now. I love that you can change the rims now too. ;-)
Glad you got it working!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski