Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity not launching in Steam after Update
I have tried to launch the game without Steam running, and after a restart, with Steam running. The Steam library menu indicates that GearCity is running, but it isn't loading. I cannot close Steam because the game can't seem to close. I opened up the task manager and there are three instances of Gearcity.exe*32 running using 116k each, barely anything. When I try to close Steam, it say that the bootstrapper application has stopped working. I'm going to keep messing with it and if I can get it running I will post what I did. I attached my last DX log to this post, so you can see what I'm running on.

Edit: It seems that the error may have been caused by Steam updating GearCity without actually notifying me that it was downloading an update. I tried to play the game while the update was downloading and that may have caused it. I switched from 1.9 to 1.8.4 stable in the game properties menu and the update started. If you guys have the same issue try that and then switch back once it is finished.

Attached Files
.txt   DxDiag.txt (Size: 24.29 KB / Downloads: 524)
Sorry for the late reply. Yes, this is a bug in Steam, I've had it happen to me before in the past with other games. Other solutions include rebooting the computer or end all processes associated with the game and steam...

Sorry for the issues, It's out of my hands though. Hope you enjoy 1.19!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski