Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature Feature #7: Banking and Brokers
A short Feature Feature this week because I'm currently working on the "Big Announcement" as I reported in the Weekly Review. Be sure to check back here Tuesday or Wednesday!

Feature Feature #7: Banking and Brokers

GearCity comes with a banking system which can loan you money as well as a basic Market system which includes, IPOs, takeovers/mergers, CDs, and stock trading. While the system is not as complex as it could be. It is still more complex than most other business game's market systems.

[Image: screenshot_2013-2-25-00-7.png]
To get to the Fiscal System click the safe while in the office.

[Image: screenshot_2013-2-25-00-15.png]
The stocks in the bottom of the safe will bring up the broker system.

[Image: screenshot_2013-2-25-00-21.png]
The first stock listed in the system will be your own, even if you're not publicly traded. If you were to launch an IPO you would raise money for your company but issue stocks that could be bought by others.

[Image: screenshot_2013-2-25-01-0.png]
Clicking view chart will bring up the stock price history for that company. This is the stock price chart of Argola. Which is based off a real company (can anyone name the company?) There is a minor bug in this feature, notice how the price crashes at 1 month ago? It'll be fixed before open beta.

[Image: screenshot_2013-2-25-01-25.png]
The takeover button will bring up a small window which you use to make an offer. Most of the time you will be rejected unless you offer more than the company is worth.

[Image: screenshot_2013-2-25-15-29.png]
The buy/sell windows look similar to the takeover window. Gaining more shares of a company will make it easier to take over that company.

[Image: screenshot_2013-2-25-01-57.png]
Clicking the cash in the safe will bring up the banking window. In this window we can deposit and withdraw funds. As well get and repay loans.

Well there you have it. A really quick overview of the banking/broker system. Remember check back on Tuesday/Wednesday for the news. It'll be worth it.

Discussion: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=280
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski