Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Economy
Does your company affect local/ or regional economy? Or economic data is historical? I'm curious because certain economic factors influenced the economy, like fordism. If the companies that created such systems don't really exist in-game, could economy be influenced by my company or others?
(11-29-2015, 12:58 PM)GreyParrot Wrote: Does your company affect local/ or regional economy? Or economic data is historical? I'm curious because certain economic factors influenced the economy, like fordism. If the companies that created such systems don't really exist in-game, could economy be influenced by my company or others?

In short yes, your company's (and AI's) manufacturing effects city growth. However this was nerfed greatly around 1.14 as it caused late game issues with cities having billions in population and insane amounts of per capita. The rates are around 1-2% maximum growth over 50years. This is slated to be adjusted in 1.20 and finalized. (So it should be a bit more visible but not broken as it was in the past.)

Outside of that, the game follows historical per capita rates adjust per starting year dates (1900,1930,1950, 1980, 2010.) then historical inflation rates and other factors play into effect.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Many thanks for answering me. Now that I know that a mixed economic system exists in the game I will try try to make a better situation for my cars to sell. Problem is that is almost impossible to sell a decent quantity of vehicles in my country (Spain) until almost the 1960's LOL.