Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demo Crashes - Does the Steam also?
(11-29-2015, 08:49 PM)Thor446 Wrote: Holy crap, she's good at making music.
And she keeps getting better. But her style doesn't really mesh well with this game. Hopefully we can use some of her work again in the future for different projects!

Quote:I'll let you know what happens after the hotfix.
I believe the hotfix is for fans. Seems like fan control is broken on some cards.

Quote:The DYK menu does end the crash notices, but it kind of seems silly to have a wall of text pop up for a second, so you can't even read it. Building on that, do you think you could make it pause on the DYK menu, so that you would have to hit enter or "next" or another button to make it go away? Kind of like how Democracy 3 ends the turn, then shows a quote that you have to hit enter to return to the game.

I'm not sure if it was implemented in 1.18.7 or after, but you can keep the DYK window open after simming a turn. When you open up the end turn menu there is a check box to keep that window open.

That being said, the longer you play the game (and the crapper CPU you have) the more time you have to read them. With both my laptop and the windows dev machine, I can read the dyk's after a few years of gameplay with full AI.

Quote:Update, it appears it didn't switch into OpenGL when I told it to, but now I'm playing in OpenGL and I haven't had a crash for hours now.
Good to hear! Then yes, its driver issue and not the game. You have to hit apply and restart the game for settings to save. Tongue

In anyevent, when you get updates from AMD, try out the game in directx and see if you still crash, since the directx looks a little prettier than our opengl port.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
Demo Crashes - Does the Steam also? - by WolveNZ - 11-01-2015, 12:22 AM
RE: Demo Crashes - Does the Steam also? - by Eric.B - 11-30-2015, 08:20 AM