Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Balancing the Phaeton?
Hey Eric,

while playing your wonderful game i more and more recognized that it's one car who never fails to make me good profits. It's the Phaeton.

And while it's nice having a for a certainy profit generating car it's also kind of monotonous.

Here's what the popularity in 1933 looks like:

[Image: grk8Ub7.jpg]

And these kind of cars can be made with microcar components.

The "problem" is: low manufacturing costs & high demand.

You can make a car for like 200-300 $ put it into the markets for 900-1300 $ and watch all other competitors slowly dropping out.

Right now i'm having 4 newer Phaeton's (1931) and 3 older (1924) in Europe and North American market selling ~1500 units / month (1931 ones) and ~500 units / month (1924 ones) between 899 and 1299 $.

Only 2 competitors left in Europe and 1 in North America.

I don't want to intervene and don't know how others feel about this but it influences the decision of "what car to make" a little too much in my opinion.
Popularity variables can be modified via the turnevents.xml file. This file isn't finished yet as I'm waiting for mod tools to finish work on it. As such sometime after v1.22 phaetons will decline in value automatically over time.

The same will be true with components, notice how popular v8's are in 1900? When in reality they were only popular between the 50-70 and 90-00s.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
sorry if I am OT
Where can I find the graph of popularity that has attached Cerberus23?
If you go to the RnD room to create a vehicle, this will be shown when you choose Design => Vehicle => Advanced
Then you can see this for each of the body types Smile