Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRW My Real World Mod
(10-16-2015, 05:00 AM)Cerberus23 Wrote: Renaming it in your AI_Start.xml didn't fix it, yet putting in a copy of the mrw_dixie.dds as nmrw_dixie.dds did.

You'd have to restart a new game for any changes in the .xml file to take effect.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Uploaded a new version of the mod. It fixes the missing mrw.dixie.dds error.
I also adjusted the AI a bit and updated some other logos. There is a more complete list in the readme file in the mod.
It can be downloaded in post #1.
Hello, thank you for the mod it brings a lot of realistic feeling to it. But I encountered a problem now: The game crashes when I click on the stock market. The log files shows this:

12:32:27: Leaving OfficeState...
12:32:27: Entering FinancialState...
12:32:27: [DotSceneLoader] Parsing dotScene file with version 1.0, min. Ogre version 1.7, author EasyOgreExporter
12:32:28: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource mrw_adler.dds in resource group General or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager:ohpenResource at ..\..\ogre\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 753)
12:32:28:
Attempting to Shutdown database
12:32:28: Save Game: ./GearCity/SaveGames/ttt.db

I think the game can not find the new brand names and connect it to the stocks market?
I think I found the error myself. It was a mistake during the instalation of the mod.
Unfortunately now I encountered a real bug which i was unable to solfe at the moment.

It is again a chrash while going into the stock market.

21:12:13: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource t_fata.dds in resource group General or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager:ohpenResource at ..\..\ogre\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 753)
21:12:13:
Attempting to Shutdown database
Same as the previous one, missing a picture file that should be in the mod, t_fata.dds
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
This mod won't work with the changes made to the A.I. lately i guess?

Because of the <Behaviour/> changes in the AI_[xxx].xml?
I have not played the mod on the latest testing build (1.19.2). It did work on 1.19.1, but I had a really hard time making a profit even on the easy difficulty.
Because modding tools are coming on a future release, I am waiting for them to make adjustments to this mod.
This actually still works but a lot of mergers, absorptions and bankruptcies occur early on.
(04-12-2016, 12:17 PM)Cerberus23 Wrote: This actually still works but a lot of mergers, absorptions and bankruptcies occur early on.

Free hardcoded AI starting money to compensate for stupid AI was removed. So the starting funds values in the .xml files are much more important now.

(This explains why there are a lot of bankruptcies and mergers.)