Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weak A.I. and premade cars / parts?
Just came across a thread in the steam community about the weak A.I. and i have to admit once you get over the financial problems in the first 2-3 years the company kind of "runs on it's own" if you're not doing stupid design on purpose or stupid things during the world wars.

Here's a thought:

Do you think it would be possible to implement user made cars / parts so the A.I. can use them?

Let's say the playerbase produces a bunch of good engines / gearboxes / bodies or even complete cars "on paper" (in the game). Would it be possible to implement (export / import?) these into the game so the A.I. starts developing and producing them on their own?

That way you would have a bunch of good working designs (even reallife related ones) and cars to compete with.

Like a database where the A.I. gets their "inspiration" from Smile
(09-10-2015, 01:46 AM)Cerberus23 Wrote: Do you think it would be possible to implement user made cars / parts so the A.I. can use them?

Quote:Let's say the playerbase produces a bunch of good engines / gearboxes / bodies or even complete cars "on paper" (in the game). Would it be possible to implement (export / import?) these into the game so the A.I. starts developing and producing them on their own?

Probably not. As stated in said thread, there are a lot of new features that the AI can't take advantage of yet. When I get around to working on the AI again, I'll take care of it.

Now if I'm unable to get the AI upto snuff, I may eventually try something "spore" like, where we take things made by players and use them in AI designs. But again, I don't think it's necessary as the AI has LOTS of room for improvements.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Was just a thought. Hoping it would make things a little easier and / or get some work off your shoulders Smile
Just a side thought on this Eric.

The AI does not design cars with bodies, And the "emulated" bodies seems a bit off sometimes. For example the AI seems to be able to design cars much shorter than it's possible for the player to do (you can't even make the chassis that short). After you updated it a while back, it got better (they are no longer totaly absurd, like 30 cm height). But they still feel a bit off.

Would it be an idea to build a body design base the AI can sample from, based on user contributions?

It will also look better in the gallery when you look at models acquired after buying out other companys.
When we implement premade designs for users, AI will also pull from these vehicles.

So yes, in that respect we'll have user generated vehicles for the AI to use.

Just waiting on the artwork. *Stares at MrX_ua*
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski