Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Companies & logos
That'll work too Wink

But if you're on testing build, you can now play forever (There is no end date... biggrin )
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Yeah apologies Kurmolke,  I haven't check back here for a while. There have been a couple of patches/updates between 2015 and now, so I am actually surprised there are so few issues, but hey ho, glad you enjoyed it nonetheless.

To be fair this was a fairly easy lift in terms of modding, so pretty much quick and dirty basically. I'm looking forward to seeing what v1.22 can do.....
I can't see the logo's file. Has it been removed ? Would like to try this for my next new game start
(05-08-2017, 05:20 AM)moonraker Wrote: I can't see the logo's file. Has it been removed ? Would like to try this for my next new game start

Yes, for two reasons:
1) Since I can't check every mod posted, any mods with artwork needs to be hosted by 3rd party sites. Until I make a some sort of mod sharing system that allows for easy DMCA takedown requests to be submitted due to copyright/trademark violations.
2) 1.22 changes the mod system entirely. If you're on "Testing Build" you already have these changes. If not, you'll be getting 1.22 on the 17th. So the mod would need to be updated anyway to work properly with the new system.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(05-08-2017, 09:11 AM)Eric.B Wrote:
(05-08-2017, 05:20 AM)moonraker Wrote: I can't see the logo's file. Has it been removed ? Would like to try this for my next new game start

Yes, for two reasons:
1) Since I can't check every mod posted, any mods with artwork needs to be hosted by 3rd party sites. Until I make a some sort of mod sharing system that allows for easy DMCA takedown requests to be submitted due to copyright/trademark violations.
2) 1.22 changes the mod system entirely. If you're on "Testing Build" you already have these changes. If not, you'll be getting 1.22 on the 17th. So the mod would need to be updated anyway to work properly with the new system.

Ah right ok thanks. Yes I saw there are 2 updates on the way. Only bought the game on steam Saturday for my birthday. Loving it.
(05-08-2017, 11:02 AM)moonraker Wrote:

Yes, for two reasons:

Ah right ok thanks. Yes I saw there are 2 updates on the way. Only bought the game on steam Saturday for my birthday. Loving it.

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you're enjoying the game! Smile I'm hoping between the v1.22 tools and the up coming wiki, we'll be able to attract more mods which are easier to make and easier to use.

(And I do need to fix the forum colors, I miss my old theme! Sad ) (Ah there we go, not exactly the old one, but much better than the one I had...)
(05-08-2017, 11:20 PM)Eric.B Wrote:
(05-08-2017, 11:02 AM)moonraker Wrote:

Yes, for two reasons:

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you're enjoying the game! Smile I'm hoping between the v1.22 tools and the up coming wiki, we'll be able to attract more mods which are easier to make and easier to use.

(And I do need to fix the forum colors, I miss my old theme! Sad  ) (Ah there we go, not exactly the old one, but much better than the one I had...)

Could you get a steam workshop section added for mods or is that too costly ?
(05-09-2017, 03:10 AM)moonraker Wrote: Could you get a steam workshop section added for mods or is that too costly ?

Eventually. I believe it's ticketed for v1.24 or v1.25.

At the same time I would also like other methods to share files, as this isn't a Steam only game. Wink
(05-09-2017, 09:14 AM)Eric.B Wrote:
(05-09-2017, 03:10 AM)moonraker Wrote: Could you get a steam workshop section added for mods or is that too costly ?

Eventually. I believe it's ticketed for v1.24 or v1.25.

At the same time I would also like other methods to share files, as this isn't a Steam only game. Wink

Yes of course but when you look at games like Civ and other big sellers they get loads of mods and other bits. By the way this is so damned addictive once you get in to it lol  Smile
Yeah, the getting into it bit is the hard part. Gotta improve the tutorial system for the folks who don't want to "learn" the game the hardway. Smile