Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Shep's Bugs.
There is a particular bug I have found, but not reported yet. It has to do with slider movements on redesign.

If you redesign an engine that has let say: 50 % Component Quality and 0 % Tech, the new engine gets 50 % Q and 50 % Tech.

So the bug is that Tech slider folows the Component Quality slider.

There seems to be similiar things going on when making new models or trims of cars. But I have not had time to find out just wich sliders affect each other.
In the car designer the Material Q and Interior Q, seems linked in the same way.

If the Material Q is set lower than the Interior Q, if you make a new trim, it gets dragged up whatever the Interior Q is set at.

Ex: MQ 20% IQ 45%, make new trim they both get set at 45 %
Shepherd, It would be nice if you could make a new thread in the bug forum were you note down your findings about the quality/tech sliders not remembering their place Smile

If this is a real bug (or perhaps some functionality for detoriation) it might explain why I sometimes make a new year model and feel that the sliders are incorrect from what I remember they were last time. Never cared to double check as I just though it was my poor memory anyways.
(08-05-2015, 12:55 PM)Tridon Wrote: Shepherd, It would be nice if you could make a new thread in the bug forum were you note down your findings about the quality/tech sliders not remembering their place Smile

If this is a real bug (or perhaps some functionality for detoriation) it might explain why I sometimes make a new year model and feel that the sliders are incorrect from what I remember they were last time. Never cared to double check as I just though it was my poor memory anyways.

I think Eric or a mod (if there are any other than him), can move this thread to the bugs forum. The OP picked up on it too. The sliders bug is real and easily reproduced. Just make a save you can mess up, with the (save as) function, and do what i described earlier.

The reasons I have not reported it yet is that I wanted to find all of them before I reported it. And the fact that I am currently sitting on a 11inch screen, with only a trackpoint and a dodgy wifi connection in the Land Of Shady Smiles and Shenanigans. When I get home I can do a better one if it's needed.

(08-05-2015, 09:49 PM)Eric.B Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 10:33 AM)Shepherd Wrote: There is also another bug/exploit. Every time you enter R&D screen (same turn) from the office, R&D cost change. Both up and down.

This is not a bug, as there is a random element to the reported costs based on your design skill (The higher your skill the less range this random value has.)

I will however it move the generation of this value from entering RnD to end turn so that you will not notice this amount changing every time you enter RnD.

That was what I thought, that it generated a new one each time you entered R&D. The reason why i said bug/exploit. It was more of an exploit. If you wanted to bring R&D cost down, just enter over and over again until you got a better cost. Moving it to end turn will remove the exploit. Smile
Fixed both issues, they'll be included in the 1.18.4 patch.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski