Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor glitch - SAM text in dropdown menu
Running windowed 1680x1050 resolution in Windows 8.1

In the SAM ('Super Ultra' 'All In One' 'Mega Menu Controller!') the dropdown menus for Factory and Branch seems to b0rk the text if it is longer than one line.

[Image: GKXtdEF.png]

No stress to fix this right away as you can see the text just fine (though it's cut a little short) when you open the dropdown lists to make a choice.
This is because "Kingdom of Sweden and Norway" is too long... you can blame the women who did most of the music for this! (she got mad that Oslo was part of Sweden! Tongue )
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
It seems to be more correct to call it Sweden and Norway than just Sweden as they were to seperate and free countries. Oh well... This is what you get when you let them womenfolks vote and own property. They ruin our games' ability to display text properly by having to be factually correct. Who would have guessed...
"On 4 November 1814, the kingdoms of Sweden and Norway formed a personal union under one king. The two countries had completely separate institutions, except for the foreign service led by the king through the Swedish foreign minister."

So the Swedes handled foreign affairs, and the capital was Stockholm. To me this says it's Swedish. Wink

The US is similar. We're a union of "States" which are pretty much their own countries. Each state is ran by their own governments, have their own laws, even had their own currency at one point. Foreign affairs are handled by the Federal government. Thus why we're sometimes referred to as Washington. Being a Floridian, and having nothing but disdain for both Washingtons (the State and DC) I don't mind USA being refered to as Washington. Wink

That's my argument for calling it Kingdom of Sweden instead of "United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway" Tongue
But yea...

(Will probably just change it to Sweden-Norway)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
It wasn't a period we look back upon and think "Yeah, we were completely our own country back then". In the context of a game it's quite ok to shorten the name into something more readable, or just dropping Norway in the title.