Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Magazine Crash + Instant vehicle
Can reproduce with these stats:
New game: 1900 - Easy - User defined funds: 99999999999
Starting in Oslo (Norway) with 200 or all competitors.
Creating the worst possible chassis, engine and gearbox (all done in 2 months) and create the worst possible vehicle (instantly done).
Go to Office -> Magazine -> Compare Models
Chose your brand in the upper or lower drop down menu. Et voilà!

Could not get it to crash when I tried the same starting in 1980.
The only clear difference I could spot is that the creation of a crap vehicle in 1980 takes one month, while in 1900 the vehicle is instantly done.

Attached Files
.rar   Logfile.rar (Size: 16.57 KB / Downloads: 404)
Should be its own thread, bugs in progress threads get lost.

You missed the cutoff for this hotpatch. I'll try to duplicate it/fix it for the next hotpatch.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
No problem with the hotpatch. It's not too hard to avoid the magazine.

Managed to get it to crash when starting with the same stats in 1930 as well. Crap car (all zeros in the summary) was done same month as I designed it. Not the starting year creating the problem at least.

Sorry about not making new thread. Didn't want to take up too much space, so I ended up wasting your time instead. You gotta love your costumers, right...?

Tried a new game in 1900 and created a poor car that took 1 month from design to completion, and it stilled crashed. So it doesn't seem to be the "instantly done"-thing either.
Fixed both of these bugs, it was due to 0hp engines. It'll be included in the next hotpatch.

I'll also probably be adding some more pain for super crap vehicles.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Yeah, I love making those ridiculous cars early on, and even with a top speed of 0 kph they tend to sell a few thousand each year. You don't need to add too much pain though. Just a little.