Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock dividends
I saw that the stock system is up for major overhaul. And I was wondering if you have thought about including dividends in it?

A rudimentary system for cash dividends could be a cool addition to stock system.

It would make saving in stocks more interesting. And also the "need" to give away some of your profits to the shareholders would make an IPO and sales of stock, less of a free cash handout.
(06-25-2015, 08:03 AM)Shepherd Wrote: I saw that the stock system is up for major overhaul. And I was wondering if you have thought about including dividends in it?
Yes, and the slots for it is already in the DB. It wasn't implemented yet because the game is way too easy to make money in.

Quote:It would make saving in stocks more interesting. And also the "need" to give away some of your profits to the shareholders would make an IPO and sales of stock, less of a free cash handout.

Also plan on having the board disapprove of some of your actions, such as buying a company, or starting a new brand, if you're sucking at the game and you're a public company. Also a couple of Action memo type events.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(06-25-2015, 01:36 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Also plan on having the board disapprove of some of your actions, such as buying a company, or starting a new brand, if you're sucking at the game and you're a public company. Also a couple of Action memo type events.
Uber! Wink