Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regional year end awards based on cars actually sold.
(07-10-2015, 06:41 PM)Shepherd Wrote:
(07-07-2015, 06:28 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Whoa! Somehow I missed this thread.
You have also missed a couple of bug threads. Or at least not commented in them
To be fair, every bug thread doesn't need me saying just: "Ok."

I read everything, I even read this when you posted it. Just forgot to reply. I ticket and reread everything when I get to the point that I'm working on bugs again and not features. I will probably not reply to all bug threads, but rest assured they're marketed on my ticket system.

Quote:
(07-07-2015, 06:28 AM)Eric.B Wrote:
Quote:The award system should also get an overhaul. And selling a car in a region should make you automatically eligible for an award in that region. Example: IF I make and sell the GM sedan1 in the US, EU and Australia, it should be eligible for an award in all three regions.

I dunno about an "overhaul" the system it self is good. Just need to change it from HQ to Continents.
After I have been playing some more I really do believe it seriously need an overhaul. My first assumption was incorrect. What I have discovered is that the system will only give out one award per type. If you build an award winning Sedan in US and EU (with a carbon copy) it will award only in the US or in the EU, not both.

What is needed I a system that give a sedan an award in every district/continent it is sold in.

Example: If you build and award winning sedan, and sell it in the US,EU and Australia, it should get three awards. One in each continent it is sold.

What you're describing is not an overhaul. It's a simple removing of one or two lines that limit awards to HQ continent instead of per continent. Overhauling means redoing, so around 5000 lines of code and 1-2 weeks or work to rewrite everything.

Yes, currently you only get awards for your HQ continent. My bad. It will be fixed in time. But I don't think I need to redo the entire selection code, display code, image code, etc for the entire system.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
RE: Regional year end awards based on cars actually sold. - by Eric.B - 07-10-2015, 11:41 PM