Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]R&D component teams morale bug.
In a recent game i noticed this weird behavior.

I started a 1900's game and decided to be very stingy in the beginning. So I did not put any money into component research the first couple of years.

When I started funding my teams started at 20-30ish in morale. Because no funding kills morale. This I am fine with.

The problem however is that no amount of later funding or engineer salaries can bring morale up again. I have tried to triple engineer salaries and I have tried doubling the funding (if you punch in the number it is possible to put in more than what the 100% slider will give you) .

No matter what i tried even over many years morale never came up again, and the low morale meant my component research was halved for the rest of the game.

I think this is a bug, the game can not be meant to permanently punish the player if they bring the morale down?

IMHO if it is possible to bring the morale down. Then it should also be possible to gain the morale back again.
Check your union head, (Phone on office desk -> Union Head) and see if you can meet their strike demands assuming they are striking.

It is a known bug, it's marked on my todo list.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
No they are not striking, union head say everything is ok. Once you drive morale down it just stays down.

I tried playing on for more than 10 years. Morale stay on the same number. It will not go up again. Full R&D budget, massively overpaying them (3 times auto wage levels), nothing I do makes any difference.
Here I have recreated the problem. Game start 1900

Save 1 is after 5 years without R&D.

Save 2 is after 1 month with minimal R&D, teams start with 16 in moral.

Save 3 is after 1 year with full funding and 250 $/month salaries, morale is still 16.

Attached Files
.zip   badrnd.zip (Size: 1.02 MB / Downloads: 387)
Fixed unused research team moral decrease bug.
Also fixed the over paid research team not regaining moral bug.

Marking thread as fixed.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski