Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Queso Spanish Supercar AAR (1.18)
Hi Guys,

Couldn't wait for 1.19 and it's juicy district system so I decided to have a good bash at playing the game in it's current state.
To keep things simpler I decided to focus on a low volume high margin company and as I've already given luxury a go I decided to go with performance.

After much deliberation I decided the Spanish needed a supercar so I started a game in 1950 on normal difficulty (because hard will only let me start with single cylinder engines and that's craptacular for trying to make performance cars...) with no special scenario options and my head office in Barcelona.

I had to resist the urge to try and start the game with a high output monstrosity and eventually managed to talk myself into making the La Mancha. A tiny little sports car powered by a 999cc F head V6 putting out a fairly meagre 41kW, not terrible for the displacement at the time though. Despite the fairly average power, the tiny 560kg (coincidentally, still the lightest car on the superlatives page in 1973!) car with it's 3 speed trans-axle gearbox was capable of a fairly respectable 162km/h! Not bad!

At this early point in the game I only had branches in Barcelona, Madrid, London and Paris but because of it's small size and weight the La Mancha was quite cheap to make so I was able to under cut my opposition despite being at least as good. This meant that these four cities alone were enough to take up most of my production and keep me profitable.

[/b]1953-56
Late in 1952 my engineers figured out how to make SOHC and OHV (I head) engines so I took this as the right time to design the La Mancha a big brother, enter the De Biescas powered but an all new 92kW, 1.6L SOHC V8 with it's own purpose build chassis, though still using the same gearbox as the La Mancha. Capable of 199km/h with a 0-100km/h sprint in only 6.9 seconds, the new De Biescas blew it's baby brother away! However, at almost double the price, it only shifted around 1/5th the number of units.

As soon as the De Biescas was launched our engineers updated the La Mancha with an OHV (I stuck with this to keep the price down) version of it's 1.0L V6 boosting it's power output to 49kW and it's top speed up to 174km/h.

During this time, increases in my own prices and opposition from other companies (particularly in London) saw sales begin to decline, to compensate I opened branches in a few new cities such as Birmingham, Berlin and Rome.

1957-60
In 1957, our engineers began work on updating the ageing La Mancha and De Biescas. Both cars received updated chassis and increased displacements, the V6 grew to 1.2L with a new SOHC head and the V8 up to 1.8L with an all new DOHC head. Both cars also received a brand new 4 speed trans-axle gear box now also fitted with LSD. Toping out a 242km/h, this new De Biescas would be Queso's first entry into the "worlds fastest production car" list!

The end of the decade saw a continued decline in sales as Queso continued to push into a more premium market and more opposition commenced trading. Once again this was countered by opening more branches across Europe as well as our first branch in North America in New York.

In 1958, Queso made it's motor sport debut winning a clean sweep in the Vent championship series, proving the pedigree of it's updated De Biescas sportscar. In 1959 we continued this outstanding success as well as taking the championship in the GearCity cup!

1960+ coming soon....
Nice start!! Looking forwarder for the next decade!!
Just one more turn...
"United we stand, divided we fall" Two Steps From Hell
I've decided not to go any further with this AAR.
I've played the game through to the early 80's and kind of discovered it's not really possible within the games current reporting to look back at a lot of the info I intend on reporting on, things like when I build new branches and upgraded factories, taken out loans or bought/sold shares.

Once 1.19 is launched I plan on pushing the new system as far as I can with multiple companies and such. This time I'll keep better notes on my actions so i can write a proper AAR.