Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping/Sales Priorities. Do you use them?
Just a quick question. The Shipping and Sales Priorities options for Branch Distribution. Do you use these? I'm considering removing them and would like your feedback on the idea.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Funny you should ask that, I was just thinking about these this morning.
I never use them but I think that's mostly because I never really worked them out. When I first started playing I tried them out and I got messages telling me I couldn't do things I thought I should be able to (can only have one thing at a certain priory or some such) so I kinda gave up and have only now started thinking about trying to work out how they actually work and what they do.

I think it would be nice to be able to prioritise things but I couldn't really say if the current system is the right one as I haven't mastered it.

Perhaps you could have simple priority pre-sets of some kind instead of ranking everything.
Something like:
- Normal (what ever normal is currently?)
- Highest demand first (just fill up New York and if there's any excess let the other cities have it).
- Lowest demand first (means more cities will get supply but the big ones might not get everything they need).
- Closes first (save transport costs)
- Furthest first (we want to look after our overseas market!)
I've never used them, but settings like Frankieboy suggests might be a boon.
Nop, I never used it before. So I don't mind if you remove it!
Just one more turn...
"United we stand, divided we fall" Two Steps From Hell
I'm using them now (and not having any of the issues I was having before) and finding them quite useful for the game I'm playing because I have more demand than supply at times and I like to make sure everyone get something so I set the really big cities to low priority.

Still, I wouldn't mind if they were removed in their current form. I still think it'd be good to have something though. Probably something like what I suggested in my first post in this tread as a priority per factory rather than by branch as it currently is.
I do not use them, the way they are now makes them way too much micromanagement. As soon as you have more than 5-10 branches it just gets too time consuming.

I do like Frankschtaldt's idea. and his presets are good enough.

What would be nice, is to be able to set them for both model and region.
I'll look into any additional set ups ~after~ the districting system is done. Since the districting system is probably going to change gameplay drastically for larger companies.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I tried them after reading this thread. It worked well to get rid off the stock I had of one outdated model I no longer produced. Still wouldn't mind if you rid of it, or at least moved it to model level instead of branch level.

(06-20-2015, 09:31 PM)Eric.B Wrote: I'll look into any additional set ups ~after~ the districting system is done. Since the districting system is probably going to change gameplay drastically for larger companies.

Can't wait for the district system. Currently I just set all prices with the add/set all, all my factories to distributing word wide, because I got so tired of having to micro manage everything.