Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cost multipliers changing over time?
The cost of turbos as they currently are in the game compared to their cost (and increasing prevalence) now got me thinking. The current costs are probably accurate for the 70's where as my comments about the being too high are coming from a more recent comparison point. Likewise, DOHC engines existed in the 40's and 50's but they were very expensive while they are the standard now.
Is it possible to implement some kind of shifting cost multiplier for components to simulate this?
I guess another way of doing it might be to have different versions of each component for each decade (or maybe every 5 years?) with cost and skill required slowly going down. This would also make it possible to make the components get better over time as well which would be appropriate for some and not for others.
I thought about doing this as well, but wanted to get everything balanced first before I attempt something like this.

The way I envision it is to tie it to the creation and death dates. (Thus automatic) but also fix it to how many people use it in the game. So if more people are using DOHC in the 30s/40s it'll go down in price faster.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Sounds good!