Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error on startup on windows xp
This is the error that comes up when i try to play it reads

E:\program files\Vent\Gear City Open Beta\GearCity.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect Reinstalling this application may fix this problem .

i have reinstalled but this just keeps coming up

i apologize if this has already been asked about but i couldn't find any thing on your forums cheers
First of all it must be said that XP is an impressively old OS Tongue

I don't know if this has been reported before, but usually it helps if you can attach your logfile for Eric to see through. You should find it here:

E:\program files\Vent\Gear City Open Beta\GearCity\Logfile.log
sorry but the log file isn't thereSad
Ah. I guess the process shuts down before it manages to log anything. :\

As far as I could see from a quick search on the Steam fora, there seems to be some that are able to run this fine on Win XP 32-bit. So that doesn't seem to be the main problem at least. Maybe someone else has a clue Smile
He's playing the Open Beta and not the Steam build.

The game does work on XP.

It sounds like you need to install the visual c++ redistributable. When you reinstall the game make sure all the other check boxes are checked when installing. One may hang a while, just give it some time and it'll finish.

If it still doesn't work, let me know and we'll look toward other issues.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
i have tried that but still pops up with the same error ill leave it for now
since Eric has a lot of other things to do
(05-31-2015, 03:31 PM)theemoyeti Wrote: i have tried that but still pops up with the same error ill leave it for now
since Eric has a lot of other things to do

Sounds like you're having issues with your VCruntime files, Here is a tutorial on how to uninstall them and reinstall them: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/au...aries.html

Our game needs: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable to be working properly for the game to work.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
thanks for the help cheers
Did it work?
yes it did thank u