Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NOTABUG]Population Bug? (V1.8 / HF3.1)
Came across this:

Picture 1
Brasilia wasn't founded until 1960-something, so it's not a bug, it's just a city that doesn't exist.

I will be removing this city when I redo the maps sometime in the 1.2x series.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Hm, wikipedia could have saved you that time answering my thread for sure. Sorry Smile
(05-27-2015, 12:10 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Brasilia wasn't founded until 1960-something, so it's not a bug, it's just a city that doesn't exist.

I will be removing this city when I redo the maps sometime in the 1.2x series.

I understand about Brasilia that you need cities to cover the map.
How about having cities appearing from time to time?
I mean, Brasila could be hide until 1960, then 1961 the city shows available...

Do you think is it possible Eric?

Btw, I really love your game!!

Cheers from Brasil!!
Just one more turn...
"United we stand, divided we fall" Two Steps From Hell
(05-27-2015, 12:24 PM)Cerberus23 Wrote: Hm, wikipedia could have saved you that time answering my thread for sure. Sorry Smile

No worries, it takes me next to no time to reply to these things.

(05-27-2015, 08:31 PM)Seaswolf Wrote: How about having cities appearing from time to time?
I mean, Brasila could be hide until 1960, then 1961 the city shows available...

Do you think is it possible Eric?

Originally this is what I wanted to do. But sadly the system is not flexible enough to really support it. I could think of hackish ways to do it, but I would rather not.

The good news however, when I redo the maps, I will implement a feature called "Map Loading" which will allow you to pick and choose which maps you want to play with. This along with the mod tools should allow you to create your own world maps and load them without breaking the original files. It also opens up the possibilities of playing with territory maps instead of city dots, sub regional games with more details such as playing only in South America with 100 cities, etc.

So with that in mind, Brasila will sadly probably get the axe. But I wouldn't be surprised to see it appear in other game maps.

Quote:Btw, I really love your game!!

Cheers from Brasil!!

Glad you're liking it! Good to see people all over the world enjoying my work. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Tks for your feedback! Your idea is really cool and I'm anxious to play with more than 300 cities plus 300 competitors!! I like challanges and to domain the word!! Haha :cool:
Just one more turn...
"United we stand, divided we fall" Two Steps From Hell