Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Undo Factory Expansion
Maybe I'm missing it right now, but it'd be nice if there was a way to undo a factory or branch expansion/retooling.

Earlier today I was playing where I had 2 factories - one in Montreal, the other in Vancouver, 1900 start, and had basically locked down much of Canada and the Pacific Northwest and the East Coast of the US. Things were going well, but I simply couldn't meet demand.

Looking at things, I knew I'd have to expand my factories, and I did just that. However, I decided to expand the Vancouver factory first. While adjusting things for Montreal, I noticed that I got a better bang for my buck, essentially, from there and after fiddling, I hit accept...thinking I could go back to Vancouver and undo my changes. Sadly, that wasn't possible and within 6 months I was bankrupted, all because of no 'undo' or 'cancel' option for the factory expansion BEFORE hitting end-turn.

I get and understand not being able to cancel an expansion once it begins, but not being able to undo it before finalizing your turn makes things a little too frustrating in my opinion.
I'll look at my options when I rewrite this part of the code in 1.19
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
This has been implemented and will be included in 1.18.1
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski