Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aircraft Engine Contracts
Anybody able to tell what's up with these? Smile

I can land smaller ones ~1-100 units / month yet never bigger ones (>~1000 / month).

Example

US Airforce asked for 1035 units / month in 1914:

Maximum Engine Displacement: 14056
Maximum Engine Length: 49in
Maximum Engine Width: 30in
Maximum Weight: 350
Minimum Horse Power: 31 (42)
Minimum Fuel Economy: 0 (1)

At a price of 1023$ / Unit.

I offered:

Flat-4 1913 (from a production car)

Engine Displacement: 2212
Engine Length: 21in
Engine Width: 19in
Weight: 70
Horse Power: 37 (50)
Fuel Economy: 7 (18)

Cost: 241$ / Unit

Do these values have to be close to each other or are there certain engine points that needs to be maxed (dependability?)

Or can't offer price be xx% higher than production price?

I mean what's the point in constantly researching and producing engines for your research team to get better parts and techniques if you can't use them in your advance like "Hey look... you need that big of an engine with xx horsepower... through all my researchs i am able to make it that small and powerful (and cheap for me)... give me your monies pls"

Looking forward to your replies Smile
(05-13-2015, 04:46 AM)Cerberus23 Wrote: Do these values have to be close to each other or are there certain engine points that needs to be maxed (dependability?)

The better the ratings the more likely your bid is to be selected. So having higher dependability, etc, would not hurt your chances.

Quote:Or can't offer price be xx% higher than production price?
Only if you have to submit a bid price.

Quote:I mean what's the point in constantly researching and producing engines for your research team to get better parts and techniques if you can't use them in your advance like "Hey look... you need that big of an engine with xx horsepower... through all my researchs i am able to make it that small and powerful (and cheap for me)... give me your monies pls"

Looking forward to your replies Smile

You don't have to constantly design new engines. We take the average made within the last 5 years. The only reason you'd want to design a bunch of engines is to compensate for any poor engines you designed in the last 5 years.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski