Poll: Which version of "One Time or Another" should be included in GearCity?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Version 1. Do Do DOOO Do
50.00%
3 50.00%
Version 2. It sounds much better.
33.33%
2 33.33%
Neither.... This song sucks!
0%
0 0%
BOTH!!!! I LOVE THEM!
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FINISHED]Choose a version of "One Time or Another"
I've had a friendly argument with our lovely composer and voice actress FruLuna over her song "One Time or Another" which was featured in the dynamic lighting video.

After a few days of whining on my part I was able to get her to reproduce the song the way I wanted, however, some people have said in the past that my taste in music sucks and I have the hearing of a plant... So I wanted to leave it up to you to decide which version of "One Time or Another" is going to make it into our game.

Don't forget to vote in the poll up there ^

Version 1: More Do Do DOO Do (mp3)

~VS~

Version 2: Less Do Do DOO Do (mp3)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I like the 1st version Smile
Both are good but if I have to choose it would be the first.
1st one is better. But neither of them fits the modern game. They sound more...snes-ish? DOSish? I'd keep the more Do Do Doo Doo, but make the notes themselves sound more natural.
(02-24-2013, 03:01 PM)Kubby Wrote: 1st one is better. But neither of them fits the modern game. They sound more...snes-ish? DOSish? I'd keep the more Do Do Doo Doo, but make the notes themselves sound more natural.

I believe you forgot to vote. The poll is up at the very top Wink

I think considering that the game runs into the 1980/1990s, we're a remake of dos games, and this genre (retro electronica) is rather popular today, the song fits into the game.

Music in the game is controlled via a playlist, so any songs you dislike, just delete them. I figure most people are like myself and end up muting the game and listening to their own stuff anyway.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski