Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bugs i found while playing.
Hello everyone,

i'm new to this forum even if i'm playing Gear City for a while now. I just thought i'd put some bugs i found while playing into this thread:

Updated 16.05.2015

Version 1.8

Old ones:

1. Contracts get fined even if they're fulfilled

Picture 1

Picture 2

Solution:

Remaining months: 0 still counts a 1 month / round

Here's the thing:

If you got cars in reserve at "0 months left" it's Reserves 0 Produced 0 Sold 51 (for example) afterwards.

If you're still producing at "0 months left" it's Reserves 0 Produced 51 Sold 0 (for example).

Reserves are 0 both ways. Yet not showing up as "sold" when still producing bothers me somehow Smile Contract is fulfilled anyways.

2. Electric engine doesn't count into contract even if requirements are met:

Picture 1

3. Positive numbers when chassis research is decreasing

Picture 1

It's actually -0.4

4. Some genius business man just produces cars for 32$ and sells them for 178$ [Savegame Danny-11.zip attached]

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

New ones:

5. Class Challenge:

Picture 1

Winning all challenges. Finished as 8th of 13th. Winning car did 4th, 4th, 2nd?!

6. No bug, just a typo:

Wondow

I'll update if i find more...

Attached Files
.zip   Danny-11.zip (Size: 2.04 MB / Downloads: 397)
Just wanted to point out #4 was fixed with the latest hotpatch.

#3, if this happens again, could you provide a save file? The file you included seems correct.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(05-15-2015, 02:11 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Just wanted to point out #4 was fixed with the latest hotpatch.

#3, if this happens again, could you provide a save file? The file you included seems correct.

Hey Eric, thanks for your reply.

#4 seems to be still around:

Picture 1

Picture 2

#3 is obviously the skill your team has right now (13.2) vs. the maximum skill points your produced components can provide (12.8) which was quite confusing showing as 12.8 instead of the actually change per quarter.

PS: I seem to have missed the bugs section in steam early access Smile maybe you can move this thread. Thanks.
I noticed the one with class challenge as well. The reason I think is because of the value/price, the overall winner is the best car for it's money, not the best car. WHich is fine, but should be explained in the challenge text, a snow it looks weird.
(06-15-2015, 05:47 AM)Dolehof Wrote: I noticed the one with class challenge as well. The reason I think is because of the value/price, the overall winner is the best car for it's money, not the best car. WHich is fine, but should be explained in the challenge text, a snow it looks weird.

Yea, eventually we'll get around to rewriting some of those. But you are correct, class challenges are best value, not best overall vehicle. As it normally is in real life magazine awards.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
I was playing the free beta version and the generated reports were doing just fine. I bought the game on steam and for some reason user generated reports aren't working at all- and that kinda leaves me a bit blind. I tried using reports under different circumstances (various start dates, difficulty settings, running the program as administrator)- no luck. Is there any way I can fix it?
Picture 1

UPDATE: Seems it's just some of the reports that cause the bug (e.g. fiscal stock report). I can live with that.
I'm also having some stability issues; my game now keeps crashing when animated by one month; could be file corruption or a real bug; i wish i knew.

I did do a check game cache; when steam gets towards the end it finds one bad file which it replaces. Still this is crashing under gears 1.18 as well as 1.17 and I think I may not be able to recover from the save point.

Is there a debugging log somewhere in the local .steam/root/steamapps/common/GearCity/ directory?

If not then it would be great if the testing edition had a debugging log. If so, where is it?

Attached Files
.zip   sav.zip (Size: 430 KB / Downloads: 444)
(06-26-2015, 09:00 PM)blau Wrote: I'm also having some stability issues; my game now keeps crashing when animated by one month; could be file corruption or a real bug; i wish i knew.

I did do a check game cache; when steam gets towards the end it finds one bad file which it replaces. Still this is crashing under gears 1.18 as well as 1.17 and I think I may not be able to recover from the save point.

Is there a debugging log somewhere in the local .steam/root/steamapps/common/GearCity/ directory?

If not then it would be great if the testing edition had a debugging log. If so, where is it?

The log file is what I need. You have to send it to me after you crash. Don't restart the game without crashing it, or it won't have the information.

To get the log files:
Right click the game in Steam.
Select Properties
Select the Local Files tab.
Then click the Browse Local Files button.
Open the GearCity folder,
The file name is Logfile.log

Most likely you have outdated video card drivers. Especially if you have an Intel video card.

Also you'll probably want to make a new thread. This is not for personalized stability issues, but bugs in the gameplay. Wink
Wow thanks for the quick help. I see the logfile now. Thanks so much Eric, this really is an awesome game and it's great that so much work it going into improvements.

The file load does produce a warning in log "00:31:32: Invalid Operation before loading program GlowA_fp". At that time all is stable unless the month is animated forward. I couldn't tell from the following log file lines why it quits though, the last few lines look quite normal.

Sorry I realize now this isn't the thread for this topic and will look for a stability thread or start a topic maybe.

Thanks again for all the help and keep up all the good work; I'm really looking forward to the next version 1.19!

Attached Files
.zip   gc-1.8-log.zip (Size: 11.18 KB / Downloads: 436)
I fixed issue 1) on this list. As well included a memo when you have finished a contract.