Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Gearbox torque halved?
It seems that in some cases the maximum torque is halved from what it shows when designing one. For example my ECO gearbox has 300 nm when designing but in the modify tab it has half of it. Might explain why I always get red text about too much torque for gearbox :/
After a bit more playing it seems that it's always like that, for me at least.
I haven't gotten around to testing it, but I should be able to look at it for hotpatch #2 sometime next week.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Just want add in. This is not a new problem. The figures for torque have been inconsistent in earlier builds too. In different panels and lists they show different values.

In the latest version values for lbs seems consistent, but Nm varies.
Related to this, I seem to get a warning that my gearbox can't handle my engines torque no matter what I do. The furthest I've pushed this is to fit a box with almost triple the torque rating of the engine it's attached too and I've still received a warning.
The OP issue has been resolved, I fixed a number of locations in which the Nm value was being generated via the wrong multiplier.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(05-13-2015, 02:35 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Related to this, I seem to get a warning that my gearbox can't handle my engines torque no matter what I do. The furthest I've pushed this is to fit a box with almost triple the torque rating of the engine it's attached too and I've still received a warning.

Could you proved a save game or give me a detailed way to repeat this. I am unable to duplicate this issue. :|
(05-14-2015, 08:50 PM)Eric.B Wrote:
(05-13-2015, 02:35 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Related to this, I seem to get a warning that my gearbox can't handle my engines torque no matter what I do. The furthest I've pushed this is to fit a box with almost triple the torque rating of the engine it's attached too and I've still received a warning.

Could you proved a save game or give me a detailed way to repeat this. I am unable to duplicate this issue. :|

I can't duplicate it anymore either. Latest patch must have fixed it.
Awesome! Love how quickly you fix all these little bugs Smile