Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity 1.18.4 Progress Thread
Just want to pop in and say that you improved the UI a lot since last time I played. Keep it up.
I've added in District Vehicle Distribution which will allow you to manage selling/prices etc of your vehicles in the district. As well as a system that can limit shipping to a selected district. This is useable for instance if you have for example factories in Italy and want to supply your branches in UK but not to supply branches in Poland. You simply set your UK branches to ship from Italy. This can be done on an individual vehicle level or district wide.

I've also added the Shipping Distance/District Shipping at the District level to effect all Branches and All Vehicles in the selected district.

I'll be play testing these changes and cleaning up bugs for the next day or two. Then move on to custom made districts. Then back to bug fixing. Looks like we're on track for July 10th 1.18.1 release, although I still can't 100% confirm (Personal life might interfere a couple of days till then.)

-District Branch Distribution.
-District Branch Shipping.
-Ship from District system.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
You're a trooper. Much appreciated! Smile
The weekend was a holiday here in the US. Thus I didn't do very much programming. I was however stuck only with a Mac Mini for a few days and as such the Mac port is almost finished! (Didn't get far enough to allow me to work on the districting system over the weekend.) The mac port can almost be guaranteed for 1.19 release.

So what has been finished since the last update?
-Create your own custom districts
-Multicity selection tool for creating districts. (click and drag)
-Deleting custom districts
-Editing custom districts.

I need to allow the use of the custom districts, check for duplicate names, and update district locked shipping when editing a district. After that bug test the new system and 1.18.1 will be ready. I'm going to announce a date tomorrow, currently it's looking like a July 12th or 13th release.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Testing build has been updated. You can find the announcement for it here: http://steamcommunity.com/games/285110/announcements/

VENT Forums feedback for district system: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2714
Another hotfix tonight, fixing branch level shipping distance crash.
Wanted to say that I love gear city!!
(07-11-2015, 08:32 PM)wmayes04 Wrote: Wanted to say that I love gear city!!

Glad you enjoy it! I love making it! Smile
1.18.2 will probably be released as a series of hotfixes to 1.18.1 until I hit save game changes.

Today was mostly paperwork. And I finished most of it
As far as code, here's what I knocked out:
-Fixed crash in vehicle licensing
-Fixed Vehicle Image Decline while being researched
-Nurfed Specific vehicle rating effect on vehicle image over time.
-Fixed 1900-1930 wage growth for Magadan and Norilsk, Russia
-Fixed Estimated Shipping Demand in District and City specific factory production view. (Not sure about speediness of this calculation however.)

Next hotfix is schedueled for Tuesday evening my time. Till' then, enjoy!
-Optimized a number of End Turn Formulas
-Updated SQLite, roughly 10-25% performance boost depending on hardware.
-End production now disregards all licensed components.
-Fixed manual production amount input on district map.

The plan is to knock out 2 or 3 more bugs tomorrow then release a hotfix. I also plan to work in some optimizations slowly into the game to speed up RnD sliders, RnD/Office loading, and the turn times. It'll be an on going task when I'm not on my main programming box.