Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Size sliders effecting power output
I've recently noticed that the size slider (length and width) both have an inverse effect on your engines power output.
By that I mean that making an engine bigger and bulkier for the same volume it gets more powerful.
Is this intended?

It seems backwards to me.

I mean, if you use big components to make your engine it stands to reason it's going to use more energy internally moving those heavy parts and it's going to rev slower so it should make less power. But if you made the engine more compact then you use lighter innards that move more freely thus your engine revs harder and makes more power.
I'm guessing the sliders are not supposed to reflect "bigger components". Gotta wait on an answer from Eric for that one though, since I don't really know. :x
I have this ticketed, I'll look at it sometime in the next 7 days. I'm not sure what's going on Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Worth discussing what the behaviour should be then?

To my mind, making an engine more compact would give it a small RPM boost while reducing reliability and smoothness.
That's why I suggested smaller size reduces reliability and smoothness.
You can turn up other sliders to counter this effect but that increases the cost further.
Oh, I'm blind. I'm so sorry. I didn't see that you wrote "reduce", so I very much agree with you. I'll just go stand in the corner now.
LOL, all good. I read your post a few times cuz I thought I might have missed something.
Length/Width should not effect power directly. It does have some influence on weight which influences rpms.

That being said, seems like the sliders are effecting the maximum stroke calculations which is used to calculate rpms thus why you are seeing the power increase.

I have made a note to fix it sometime in the next few days. It'll probably be in the second hotpatch.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski