Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Labor Skills Report
First off, awesome game Eric B. I didn't know I was looking for Gear City until I saw it on YouTube and it's just freaking phenomenal. As I've been playing and trying to figure it out I have noticed that the marketing, administration, research and manufacturing teams skills haven't ever changed. Maybe I'm being to jumpy on the subject, maybe I haven't made it far enough into the game? Maybe I'm just bad and should feel bad because I'm doing it wrong. I dunno, but I just wanted to bring it up because I hadn't seen it mentioned yet.

Awesome game dude.

Oh, and the dealership relations skill, that one hasn't changed either.
(04-19-2015, 02:01 AM)Eskimo Wrote: First off, awesome game Eric B. I didn't know I was looking for Gear City until I saw it on YouTube and it's just freaking phenomenal.

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Quote:As I've been playing and trying to figure it out I have noticed that the marketing, administration, research and manufacturing teams skills haven't ever changed.

The skill system is slated to be changed in the near future.

That being said, you increase your manufacturing skills by using as many production lines as possible while at the same time building more quality vehicles. Administration increases with quality branches, research increases by designing better components and investing in research teams, and marketing increases by maximizing your marketing for all your branches across the board.

You will not notice a change quickly, how the system works for research for example is this:
We take the average rating for your components designed in the last 5 years. That is then compared to your design skill. If your average rating is higher your design skill will increase at most 0.1 points. If your skill is less it will decrease at most 0.1 points. So it can easily take an entire year to move 1 point at best.

The other systems work on the same concepts. It will take a few decades of doing things perfectly to increase the skills a significant amount.

Quote:Oh, and the dealership relations skill, that one hasn't changed either.

This increases as you get more dealerships. Build branches with more dealership focus to attract more dealerships to your brand.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Very interesting. I'll have to try to watch it more carefully, it just seemed like it wasn't progressing because the skills were nearly identical from 1902 save and my 1930 save (from 1900) main differences being a 0 in one and a 0 in the other.