Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Tidy up unit order
Had my first good chance to spend a bit of time with 1.17.8 last night and (on top of the fact that I really like it so far) I've noticed that the order of power and torque units jumps around a lot. Some screens show metric then imperial while other show imperial then metric. There's also a few screens that show power one way and torque the other. I think you should pick a rule (I'd vote metric with imperial in parentheses) and use it everywhere.

Also, in the gearbox design screen the game displays torque values with the wrong unit next to them. By this I mean it has Nm next to the ft.lb number and ft.lb next to the Nm number.

Also, on the chassis design screens length and width are reversed a bit (possibly only once, I don't have the game open). As length is displayed first in most places, it'd be worth using that as the standard and putting length first everywhere.

Lastly, the correct abbreviation for Newton metres is Nm (the N needs to be upper case, the m lower) and kilowatt is kW. I've noticed that a lot of screens have both letters in lower case. I'm not sure if the same issue is present for imperial units because I'm not familiar with the rules of capitalisation of itsabbreviations. Hell, I don't even know if it has rules!
Should have all of these fixed now.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski