Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED] Crash When Selecting Engine Car Type in Assisted Design
After designing a chassis, I went right to designing an engine. There, I used the assisted design (kudos by the new interface there. It's almost exactly what I was hoping it would turn out to be!). In the assisted engine design, I went to the drop-down box. By default it is of course on the Coupe 2+2. Selecting it, I scrolled to Micro Car and then selected it from the list.

As soon as I did so, the game crashed. I have reason to suspect that the reason might be because it was the very first thing I did, before selecting engine type or any of the various other choices you have (cylinders, layout, etc) and I THINK the game is crashing while trying to recalculate the ratings.

For the record, I also had already designed a car chassis. This chassis (quite intentionally) had a 12x12 engine bay, designed for a single cylinder engine. If the recalculations are not at fault, I believe the other issue is that the assisted design requires, essentially, a matching chassis to go with the engine. However, as I said, if the engine's default dimensions are too large, issues crop up.

EDIT: Further investigation, doing the same thing but selecting other car models/types would seem to suggest that this is an issue with technology levels. Some car styles might have incompatible minimum auto-design components...and of course if you haven't researched them, the game crashes, unable to do anything with those invalid techs.
Try again with this latest hotpatch and see if you get the same or similar results.

I have had a report of it selecting incorrect fuel types now. But I believe the crashing should be fixed.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Just checked...and it seems that Hotfix 2 did fix it.