Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some small Bugs
First i want to say that im impressed with the game.
I bought it 4 weeks ago and thought it would be a nice game worth about 20 hours of gameplay but now i have already played nearly 100 hours :-)

Im sorry i dont have the time the create an own thread per bug. But most can be reproduced using a single savegame, so i hope its ok for you.

The game started 1900 and im currently in 1972 with worldwide branches and >80% Marketshare, so savegame is pretty huge, i hope it can be attached...

1. "Average market share in year" shows >80% for me and >80% for "others", so 160% combined when whatched in january. "Market share in month" looks correct with 80% for me and remaining 20% divided between competitors.

2. Sometimes my message inbox glows, but there are no new important messages (rare, about one time every 2-3 years) - increased with play time

3. As game progresses, i get more and more messages 1 month delayed, so in 4/1971 i get some messages from 3/1971 and some from 4/1971. In 5/1971 i get remeaining messages from 4/1971 and some frpm 5/1971 and so on. Sometimes i dont get a message from current month at all (all delayed 1 month)

4. Message inbox cannot be used properly with many messages (>200). Button scolls way more then one page and scollbar is not accuratly too.

5. (suggestion) Filtering messages is hard, there should be two additional buttons "unselect all" and "select all" so i dont have to select/unselect every single one after another.

6. my old cars keep winning awards, despite they are no longer produced and sold and are 60 years old! Look for "Micro 1914C" -> was cheeped crap even in 1914 but im in 1972 and it wins over my current (way better) model?

7. Microvan does not have a body from invention until 196x (about 10-15 years)

8. In every dialog cars are ordered differently. Some include build year and others dont. I keep adding the build year to name so its visible everywhere but its not an optimal solution.

9. Vehicle name cannot be longer then ~15 chars when using advanced designer, but you can give it longer names at the start dialog - if used the is a linebreak in the name and not displayed correctly in advanced designer.

10. One of my marketing branches keeps striking in Nervik (not sure its the correct name, its in northern russia ~100 miles east of moskau. When i decide to "give in" im getting complain im not honoring the new salary. If i klick "Fire" its the same outcome (every month a complaint)?!?
Because i couldnt find a way to manually raise the salary for this city i loaded a savegame and keep ignoring the strikes (because the dont give me a message every single month but only 1-2 per year)

11. After using AutoCommand the data for branches are not updated until i close and reopen the dialog.

12. Marketing doesnt seem to have any effect as long im invest a small amout in every single type. I tried maxing out everything (about 1 billion every month) and it did not increase number of selled cars.

13. "Yearly all models" is broken, probably it should not include an outline because in 1970 it contains so many cars its all over the graphic.
(suggestion) an "overall" graph would be nice, too. So you could see how many cars you sold in total in every year.

14. "Yearly all models" chart shows 1.6e+006 for values > 100.000

15. In midgame market value of my company was way below my savings. In later years market value grows until and starting to get too high.

16. Labor Skills:
-I cant get marketing skill above 0
-Adminsitration skill are at 137, shouldnt it be limited to 100?
-I cannot produce above average gearboxes, so skill cannot exceed ~50-60
-I cannot find a way to change my "coachwork" rating, its on 38 for the last 20 years

17. Prestige:
-All value despite sport/racing are way above 100, shouldnt it be limited to 100?
-A single recall will destroy your prestige from >100 to <10 in most rankings. Thats too much in my opinion.
-If you decide to cover up an issue instead of recalling it, you never recieve a message if it was successful after 11 month as stated in the dialog.

18. When cloning an vehicle/engine/gearbox sometimes you get an error message saying some value is invalid and you have to redesign it.
Most times its when cloning data from one car typ for another type.
Another minor bug: overdrive and limited slip is not cloned

19. When "limited slip" is invented and my researchers say i can use it right away, there is no checkbox. Some month later the checkbox appeared without message.

20. When designing a vehicle somtimes its color is black with some awkhard shadow effects. Look for "Coupe 1969i" in savegame.

21. When replacing a vehicle with AutoCommand number of produced cars is about half of normal. If you touch one slide in Factory menu its corrected, but its very anoying to touch a slider for every car model in every factory if you hab 20 car types in production and 20 fabrics in the world...

22. When a car type "dies" vehicle still get produced and you dont recieve a message. I produced hundrets of thousends of phaetons until i noticed it cannot be sold any longer.
Instead production should be stopped and selling should be possible for another 2-3 years so you can sell your reserves.

23. License costs are way too high. About 10 times higher than producing it on your own.

24. Chassis design is hard, because you dont know concrete modifiers for every frame/drivetrain/suspension. So its try and error but with star rating its hard to see small effects.

Nuvag

.zip   7.zip (Size: 23.77 MB / Downloads: 377)
(03-12-2015, 01:50 PM)Nuvag Wrote: First i want to say that im impressed with the game.
I bought it 4 weeks ago and thought it would be a nice game worth about 20 hours of gameplay but now i have already played nearly 100 hours :-)
Glad to hear you enjoy it! Hopefully I can steal more of your life in the future! biggrin

Quote:Im sorry i dont have the time the create an own thread per bug. But most can be reproduced using a single savegame, so i hope its ok for you.
This is fine as long as it's a list format, which it is, so nothing to worry about.

Quote:The game started 1900 and im currently in 1972 with worldwide branches and >80% Marketshare, so savegame is pretty huge, i hope it can be attached...
Thank you for the save.

Quote:7. Microvan does not have a body from invention until 196x (about 10-15 years)
I thought I had fixed this, I'll make a note of it to check it for 1.18.

Quote:8. In every dialog cars are ordered differently. Some include build year and others dont. I keep adding the build year to name so its visible everywhere but its not an optimal solution.
I am in the process of fixing up the lists in the RnD. Eventually I will get to the others parts of the game with lists. (For example worldmap 1.19, office 1.20, etc)

Eventually most of the GUI will be standardized. Hopefully I can get some sort of sorting mechanism as well.

Quote:9. Vehicle name cannot be longer then ~15 chars when using advanced designer, but you can give it longer names at the start dialog - if used the is a linebreak in the name and not displayed correctly in advanced designer.
Already fixed in the new RnD GUI for 1.18

Quote:11. After using AutoCommand the data for branches are not updated until i close and reopen the dialog.
Which autocommand?

Quote:12. Marketing doesnt seem to have any effect as long im invest a small amout in every single type. I tried maxing out everything (about 1 billion every month) and it did not increase number of selled cars.
Marketing is effective against competition. If you have 80% marketshare you won't have much competition thus you won't notice much if any boost in sales.

Quote:13. "Yearly all models" is broken, probably it should not include an outline because in 1970 it contains so many cars its all over the graphic.
(suggestion) an "overall" graph would be nice, too. So you could see how many cars you sold in total in every year.
This is a problem with all charts that have dynamic amount of lines/bars. When I get around to redesigning the sales book. I'm going to look into other options such as dynamically generated webpages that you'll view with a browser in game...

Quote:-I cannot produce above average gearboxes, so skill cannot exceed ~50-60
This should be fixed in 1.17.5

Quote:-I cannot find a way to change my "coachwork" rating, its on 38 for the last 20 years
Average overall rating for all vehicles you designed the last 5 years needs to be over 38 for it to increase. Invest to research teams to increase it faster.

Quote:-A single recall will destroy your prestige from >100 to <10 in most rankings. Thats too much in my opinion.
Which option did you choose? That amount sounds wrong as I believe it's limited % drop. I will have to check my math.

Quote:-If you decide to cover up an issue instead of recalling it, you never recieve a message if it was successful after 11 month as stated in the dialog.
If you covered it up and did not get a message that means you weren't caught. If you had been caught there would of been a class action lawsuit.

Quote:18. When cloning an vehicle/engine/gearbox sometimes you get an error message saying some value is invalid and you have to redesign it.
Most times its when cloning data from one car typ for another type.
Another minor bug: overdrive and limited slip is not cloned
These have all been fixed for 1.18

Quote:23. License costs are way too high. About 10 times higher than producing it on your own.
I start rewriting most of this code in about a week. Smile

Quote:24. Chassis design is hard, because you dont know concrete modifiers for every frame/drivetrain/suspension. So its try and error but with star rating its hard to see small effects.
This issue has been resolved with the new GUI in 1.18.

Thanks for the list! A lot of these little things are hard for me to get because I get developer blinders. If I did not directly reply to each ones fear not. I will tag these as tickets to be looked at over the next three major builds of the game. I'll do this next time I am on a computer that I can not work on the actual game on.

Thank you again!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Im software developer too (not gaming), so i know what your mean Wink

(11.) At least "Change all prices", but i think other commands like "Set car price", "Sell everywhere" are affected as well.

(17.)
Cover up:
I decided to callback all affected vehicles in ~1925 and ratings dopped from ~45 to ~8. (Fantastic to Abysmal). Should be limited to about -30% (?) So 45 -> 30
Not sure about later recalls.
By the way the numbers for affected vehicles are way too low. Only 20 affected vehicles when sold 100.000? Should be something like 2-30% (random) from sold vehicles.

New Bug:
25. If you produce the same vehicle in different factories a city within range of both will only get cars from nearest factory.
In 1980 i started to ship worldwide and now new york isnt getting any shooting brakes (and other vehicles) despite there are >500.000 on reserves because of nearest factory delivers its cars to other cities and second nearest factory sits on its reserves :-(
26. Infrastructure in Paris is one of the lowest in the whole world.
Construction an maxed-out factory in 1970s takes >30 years!
In comparision infrastructure in Stockholm is incredible high (compared to other cities).
a) Additional: star rating for infrastructure is very inaccurate, most cities have 0,5 or 1 star an no one has more than 2,5 stars. At least it should be stretched to the full range 0,5 to 5 stars.
b) Additional: There is no map filter for infrastructure. When im building an factory in later years i need good infrastructure so factory build time is tolerable.