Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 wheelers
Probably not a big deal really but I've just realised there's a body style missing from the game: 3 wheelers!

There's some pretty exciting ones still on the market and the biggest selling single cylinder car ever was a three wheeler. Plus, what is commonly accepted as the worlds first motor car was a three wheeler too.

As a percentage of the total car market their volume is fairly insignificant but their low price means that at some point or other, almost every major car producing country has made at least one.
Yes, cycle cars and trikes are known to be missing, they've been suggested before in the past and it falls under the same category as tanks/buses tractors etc. "Will be added if there is a multiplayer expansion."

That being said, as always, it's not that hard to mod it in! Tongue
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(03-07-2015, 11:20 PM)Eric.B Wrote: That being said, as always, it's not that hard to mod it in! Tongue

TBH, I was expecting that answer Smile
I'd do it but I have no skill at 3D modelling so all my 3 wheel cars would have 4 wheel car models lol
(03-07-2015, 11:24 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote:
(03-07-2015, 11:20 PM)Eric.B Wrote: That being said, as always, it's not that hard to mod it in! Tongue

TBH, I was expecting that answer Smile
I'd do it but I have no skill at 3D modelling so all my 3 wheel cars would have 4 wheel car models lol

Yea and sadly that's the main reason why most requested types are not added. We don't have the funding to keep adding more and more types! 1.18 is car body artwork locked. Every body that is "planned" for release will be in the game.

After I make the mod tools, creating and adding vehicle artwork should become much easier. Sadly I think Automation will/has sucked away all or most of the artistic types. So you'll probably have to mod the game first using 4wheelers as 3wheelers, then find or force someone to make the artwork for you. Tongue But we'll see. I do have some artistic talents (bit rusty these days) I may just add them in a few years from now if my future projects don't pan out and we don't make the expansion. Wink

Oh and don't forget the www.eliomotors.com Wink
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Any suggestions for a free program one could use to make new car model with?

I don't know how to do it cuz I haven't tried. Sometimes I don't feel like playing games and TV bores the living s**t out of me. Maybe trying to teach myself how to 3D model could be an alternative activity that could pay dividends for one of my favorite games Smile
(03-07-2015, 11:46 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Oh and don't forget the www.eliomotors.com Wink

That thing is cool. Wonder if itll ever come to aus?
Though, the Australia tax will probably make it hideously expensive like everything else.
(03-08-2015, 01:11 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Any suggestions for a free program one could use to make new car model with?

I don't know how to do it cuz I haven't tried. Sometimes I don't feel like playing games and TV bores the living s**t out of me. Maybe trying to teach myself how to 3D model could be an alternative activity that could pay dividends for one of my favorite games Smile

For our engine, the only free 3d modeling software would be blender: http://www.blender.org/
Although it will probably take a couple years to get to the level you need to produce moderately bad models for the game. biggrin

(03-08-2015, 05:37 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote:
(03-07-2015, 11:46 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Oh and don't forget the www.eliomotors.com Wink

That thing is cool. Wonder if itll ever come to aus?
Though, the Australia tax will probably make it hideously expensive like everything else.
I don't see why they wouldn't if successful here. The barrier to entry in aussie land is much lower than it is here in the states. Parts could even sourced locally, such as the Ford i3.

Their main issue here is motorcycle laws. Anything with three wheels is classified as a motorcycle. So In some states driving an Elio requires a helmet and a motorcycle license. They're also about $180 million short of starting production. I don't doubt they'll get that this year. But that's their current "issues."