Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alien technology by grand prix competitors!
[Image: 6q8712.png]

Besides, i would appreciate some help here:

i'm running this babe:

Quote:[Image: 2epofhw.png]

and i'm winning nothing. This guy is winning everything

Quote:[Image: 33f5c8n.png]

Ok, they are funding the team more (i've tried funding max fore the rest of the competition, without any improovements), but isn't that a little nonsensical? I mean, in 1907 i've struggled to make a car ahead of it's time, and i'm loosing to a car which is performing more than two third less than mine? Sad They are investing on the team, i've invested billions to make that car possible, and i'm selling it to no one: what i'm doing wrong?
First issue is due to a bug in the AI engine designer. It has been fixed for 1.18.

Second issue, what is your budgeting and focus? Also how is your dependability and fuel consumption?

The competition has MUCH more funding than you and the same level of experience. This is one of the major reasons they're winning. Remember that's the stats for the base car, base cars and racing versions are normally not the same. Wink Check out the Ferraris or Corvettes at Le Mans.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Yes but stil, 95HP / 5000cc difference on less than twice the weight, shouldn't make up for it? Tongue

Dependability a 60/100 rating while fuel a mere 15/100 (3km/l), 4 shift gearbox.

I've made many tries with difference combinations on focus, with maximum budget. I have to say that in the end i could win many races, but couldn't win the competition... Very frustrating Tongue
(03-06-2015, 05:51 PM)sketch Wrote: Yes but stil, 95HP / 5000cc difference on less than twice the weight, shouldn't make up for it? Tongue
Remember racing is more than just a car. It's also very expensive. If you do not have the budget to hire good drivers, replace parts, change tires, hire people to work on the vehicle, etc. Then you're not going to win races even against a well funded lawn mower.

Quote:I've made many tries with difference combinations on focus, with maximum budget. I have to say that in the end i could win many races, but couldn't win the competition... Very frustrating
You need some more consistent finishes. Try increasing your dependability and fuel ratings a little. Also look into gaining XP for a few years then go for winning championships.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(03-06-2015, 06:16 PM)Eric.B Wrote:
(03-06-2015, 05:51 PM)sketch Wrote: Yes but stil, 95HP / 5000cc difference on less than twice the weight, shouldn't make up for it? Tongue
Remember racing is more than just a car. It's also very expensive. If you do not have the budget to hire good drivers, replace parts, change tires, hire people to work on the vehicle, etc. Then you're not going to win races even against a well funded lawn mower.

Quote:I've made many tries with difference combinations on focus, with maximum budget. I have to say that in the end i could win many races, but couldn't win the competition... Very frustrating
You need some more consistent finishes. Try increasing your dependability and fuel ratings a little. Also look into gaining XP for a few years then go for winning championships.

Ok thx a lot boss, i'll stick to your suggestions! You have really made me overwelmingly happy with this game ;_; And you find time to answer all this ;_; thanks man!
(03-06-2015, 07:06 PM)sketch Wrote: Ok thx a lot boss, i'll stick to your suggestions! You have really made me overwelmingly happy with this game ;_; And you find time to answer all this ;_; thanks man!

Quite welcome,
I do probably need to tweak the racing results just a little more though, so I have made a note of it.

I'm actually a little less active answering questions these last few days. Should be back to normal next week or so.