Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED] Delete Savefiles makes a copy of em
Hi there! Firstly i would like to say THANK YOU for actually trying to do it! This game was litterally what i was waiting for for years! I loved DETROIT so much, and this game is like fresh air to me. As soon as i've seen this on Steam, my heart started to bump and i've bought it immediatly, expecially since is compatible with linux, which it happens to be my stable OS since a few months.

To The Bug: I've noticed i can't start a game with a savegame name already used. The Game prompts you with a window stating that you have to erase the old savefile. I press on the LOAD button, then i select the savefile, then i click on DELETE, but nothing seams to happen. I close the loading window and open it again, and now it seams there are 2 copies of the same file i've tried to delete.

I would like to see in the directory out of the game, but i don't know where these files are stored under ubuntu. Oh, since it may help: i'm running the game through UBUNTU GNOME 14.10, on pc with fx-8350 for CPU, and ATI HD 7870 for vga, 8GB RAM.
This has already been fixed for 1.18.

To get to the files,
Right click the game in Steam.
Select Properties
Select the Local Files tab.
Then click the Browse Local Files button.
Open the GearCity folder,
Then SaveGame folder.

The actual file path depends on how you installed steam. Mine is something like ~/.steam/SteamApps/common/GearCity/GearCity/SaveGames/.

Glad you're enjoying it! Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski