Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real Brands ?!
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone had already modified the brands of the game, as well as the logos too.

I can't remember where, but I'm pretty sure I saw some pictures of this mod in this forum one day.

Tried to reach one guy but no answer...

Also, if not, maybe someone can help me modifying the brand names "in-game" as I already found the logo zip file in the folders...

Would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI
(03-03-2015, 05:21 AM)Laurent Tommy Flanagann Wrote: Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone had already modified the brands of the game, as well as the logos too.

I can't remember where, but I'm pretty sure I saw some pictures of this mod in this forum one day.

Tried to reach one guy but no answer...

Also, if not, maybe someone can help me modifying the brand names "in-game" as I already found the logo zip file in the folders...

Would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I believe freeman has a realism mod. I'm not sure if he has logos though.

When I get mod loading implemented, It'll become much more easier to load and share mods.

To change company names and logo files names, open up the Media/Scripts/ folders. Inside there will be Ai files, I believe AI10.xml, AI25.xml, and AI_Start.xml Open them up with your favorite text editor. Simply change the names. Smile

To avoid crashing, your logos should be in dds format and are 256x128pixels. Capitalization matters, so make sure the extension (dds) is lower case. Some exporters will export it as DDS. Anyhoo simply drag and drop your logos into the logos.zip file. And make sure the logos in the .xml files match the file name.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Wow, that's cool!

Thanks for all the info! I will test it shortly for sure!

Once again, you rock, Thanks Eric!

And keep going!
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI
also i should point you to www.auto-logo.info they've got a lot of logos, and you might notice something in the game Wink
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Oh, forgot to add, be sure to do this to 1.17.5 and not 1.17, as the format has changed in 1.17.5 and newer. You'll have to redo a lot of work if you mod the 1.17 files.