Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give all components all stats
Was just looking through the component list (prompted by my swing axle bug report) and noticed that lots of components have different stats.
For example, chassis frames have "weight" but don't have "steering" or "breaking" where as suspension types do have "steering" and "breaking" but don't have "weight".
Or, fuel types have both "power" and "rpm" while valve types only get "rpm" and induction types only get "power"

Can I suggest that at some point before launch you change it so that every option can effect every stat, even if most of those stats end up with zeros in them in the official version.

I realize that this will require a whole bunch of equations to be edited also but as you've locked those equations away to where we can't get at them it will be important to make the game much more mod-able which will only help in the long run.
I could possibly look into it for the mod tools. But this suggestion is about 1 version too late. Specially since I redid everything in RnD already! Tongue

The main problem is yes, it will result in a bunch of 1's. I will have to rewrite all the formulas, and it will slow down the sliders even more. (Multiplying more floating point numbers.) But we'll see. I do have to do some optimizations to the sliders. So that might be when, if I do it.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Yeah, I figured I was a bit late but might as well suggest it anyway. You don't ask you don't get.

If it misses launch, maybe it could be one of the features for the expansion?
Well I'm not opposed to it. It's just a matter of when I find the time to do it if I do it. With that in mind the three most likely places will be 1) mod tools 2) expansion 3) Optimize code.

So we'll see. No guarantees.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
+1

Anything that makes it clearer what capabilities are affected to what degree by the different components, is very welcome. Even if it has no effect at all, that is in some cases quite valuable to know as well, as it removes uncertainty Smile