Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Bankrupt bug.
So, I want to apologize before hand, because I managed to delete the save files out of frustration rather than screenshotting what happened and reporting it as a bug, all I can do is explain what happened I guess.

It was about 1997, I'd started in the 1930s and I was making Supercars, one manual varient and one semi auto varient, and was doing pretty well at selling them above 400k. They cost me about.... 120k or so to make. Anyways, I'd cheated for a lot of money, and had it all in the bank, so I'd say around 180 billion worth, no way I could bankrupt myself in a single turn no matter what I did basically.

Anyways, so, my new model of my supercar came out, I like to produce them in bulk, so I only make a specific amount, I made 25k of each car in one turn. 50k cars, at 120k each, that's a 6 billion dollar loss, but no worries, because I know that I would eventually make it back and then some.

Anyways, I get the pricing all set up, put it in all my branches, and then poof, I'm negative like..... 9 Quadrillion? Quintillion? Sextillion? I didn't even bother checking how many numbers were after the 9. But it went to the screen where it says you have 6 months to get back in the clear.

I should add that this was with the option 1.175 patch, on windows.
Unfortunately, I couldn't reload. It seems to be auto saving over the autosave AND the main save. It kinda ruined my whole game cuz I couldn't reload. Have you experienced this?
I've heard of this before, but without the save game I have no way to know why or how it occurred.

That being said, it sounds like I need to nerf supercar's popularity values! biggrin

Anyhoo if it happens again, please please please, email me the log file and save game immediately before opening the game again.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Haha no don't!!! I don't mind selling 50k 400k supercars!!!! Its quite lucrative, especially when you have 3 trim levels!!! And will do!
Alright, the issue is a buffer overflow when you produce too many expensive vehicles in one factory.

Until I fix this, don't build more than $2,000,000,000 worth of one vehicle in one factory.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
This has been fixed for 1.18